[All Platforms] Using a QR code to sign into spotify

It would be cool to see an ability to sign into an account using a qr code. The desktop will provide a qr code, you scan it with your Spotify mobile, your Spotify mobile will say "Do you wanna sign in on desktop-2919" and you will be able to say yes, and you can skip the password and email typing in process. 

I just believe this would save some time. 

If security is a problem, it could possibly sign out of that device after like a 3 days or so.  Sometimes, I want to be able to pull up Spotify on a desktop at school; however, I don't want to sign into Facebook and leave the possibility of myself forgetting to sign out of Facebook as well. Using the qr code, it could possibly be a temporary session.

What do you users think, would this idea be good or not?

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.