[All Platforms] We Need Tabs!

Discovering new and exciting music on Spotify is its key magic!

While browsing the desktop software I wish I could open several tabs at once.

Let me show the experience; I enjoy a certain artist and then I can open a new tab with related artists I might like. In addition, open some playlists of this genre, to discover some more. Currently I have to give up on my curiosity and sometimes forget where I started my journey!

Although it didn't have enough upvotes before, I think it would be an AMAZING upgrade.

Thank you.

image.png

Updated on 2020-01-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

😯 I like this idea. You can always use tabs on the web app in a web browser, but having tabs in the desktop app sounds like a great idea. I'd love this for when I'm doing a deep dive into discovering new music and organizing my playlists at the same time. That would be way better than going back and forward between pages, especially when looking at multiple artists, albums, and playlists at a time.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Definitely would be a nice option to use. You got my vote

Cheers!!!

Casual Listener

I came to post this idea when I saw yours... We def need this feature please! 🙏

Best! 

When you play a large playlist in random order, it would be great if you could open a new tab and thus not loose your current playing order when switching to another list / song.

Also, make this option available for mobile devices.

Visitor

Was just about to recommend this exact idea!

Let's get this going!!!

I'd sure hate to loose the playlist I've been enjoying today but if I want to change genres that's exactly what will happen. Tabs, yes.