Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Change Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
gooduserame

This would be a huge quality of life fix for most users and would make the platform look more polished.

Youweiparra

If this gets implemented
Satisfaction: 100

nehlslowe

Super Idea.  Spotify what's keeping you from activating this?

Pedrinhovalle

besides that, they could make possible to see people's folders in "Public Playlists" and people to see our folders too...

ch37

Please please please!!

Lizzy365

Yes! I love this idea, I hate looking at my folders its so ugly, I would love this!

Relegy

Now obviously, I could be wrong in this statement. But they already have this feature for playlists, yeah? That means there is specific code that makes you able to edit the playlist details and add an image. Now, I'm not a software engineer, and I am by no means qualified to make this statement. But couldn't they just copy the playlist code, and change the variables to whatever the folder code is using? It seems like such an easy fix, this idea has been on the forums for years... Of course, I could be wrong, but it baffles me how they haven't implemented this yet.

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Pedrinhovalle

I hope you guys come with news about this. 

Spike57

Such an improvement - struggle to understand why it can’t be done.