Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Change Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Arthur15

It would be so nice if we could add a picture to our folders! just like we can already do with our playlist but with folders!

Simon-P

ffs spotify will you one day bother making really easy additions that would be so good for so many people

lisaeffe

THISSS!! and it also would be nice to be able to add those playlist folders to our public profile, so that other users could see the playlists organised as we originally thought.

julyfirsts

Please please please we've been waiting for this feature for so long, with the new update the lack of photos make my entire sidebar look grey 

Pleasethankyou

Even being able to manually assign a different color (hex code) to each folder would be a step in the right direction… with the ultimate goal of pictures as well.

Sad to see Spotify not valuing simple requests and instead implementing “discovery” features no one asked for. Customer experience should be most important! It has been years since this request began.

NyteMyre

Please give the option to add custom images to Folders just like Playlist. Since all my playlists are catogerized in folders, all i see in a collapsed menu are Folder icons. 

NyteMyre_0-1683117781457.png

NyteMyre

Redesign requires this feature

ADeMazing

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Zaxvatov

I organize playlists into folders and I would like it to be possible to add a cover to the folder, since visually the eye clings to the image faster than reading the text of the titles.

Zaxvatov_0-1684259844812.png

Most likely, first of all, this functionality is needed for a PC (Browser Player, Windows application). Personally, I find it more convenient to add covers from a PC. I don't see myself doing this from Android.

Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!