Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Change Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
themagicwerd

To echo some of what's been said here before, I think that the latest mobile UI rework of the library section is HUGE grounds to consider adding artwork to folder playlists. Folders have become so much more prominent (pinning folders!), and it seems to be a priority to add artwork everywhere possible in the app and generally "prettify" things.

There's artwork everywhere, whether it's playlist thumbnails autogenerated, album artwork in playlists, it's a pretty major oversight to not allow thumbnails to be added to folders. Maybe there's a big "folder rework" planned for the future (*cough* folder shuffling on mobile would be dope *cough*), but really hoping that we can see folder artwork soon!

7g0ugd8572sqbwg

I've been trying to change my Spotify folders to different pictures, how do we that? 

7avo

I would love to be able to change folder covers. I hope it will be implemented soon.

SeanAres

Waiting for this feature please it is so simple. Ill come and implement it

PedMarx

Mid 2021 and we still cannot change the folder image... smh

tim_pear_

Please implement this on both desktop and mobile, and please have smart watches make use of folders!

aenet

I think the Spotify team should review this suggestion again, it has over 1k likes on it and given that it's already implemented for playlists, it doesn't seem particularly difficult, and it's not like an algorithm change that requires tons of testing and retesting.

kailetruong11

Being able to put playlists into folders is really good for organization, but I think creating a way to add descriptions and cover images to your folders (in the same way you can do it for playlists) would be really useful.

uMatt

Yes, would be really useful and nice !

kristigarratt

Thank you for allowing us to add a picture as a playlist cover.

A similar feature that allows users to add a picture as a folder cover would help distinguish our folders from each other and maintain visual aesthetics, instead of starting at a blank folder icon as a folder cover (esp. for mobile users).