Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Change Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
David_Kozh

We have an artificial intelligence dj but still can't change the blank default boring image for folders

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-24

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Please let us play folders on mobile first though! Otherwise it's nice decoration for something I can't use 🥲

cmmcdowell

Please, it's currently 2023. With both macOS and  Windows Spotify apps covers of your playlists/folders in the preview on the left bar it's so lame to look and see just a bunch of plain 'folders' instead of the pictures I choose. This would be a massive QOL upgrade spotify..

BrainBlow

I am happy to see that the consideration appears to be moving up in priority. It's such a simple change, yet an important one for making effective use of the platform.

danielle_rose

I ended up here because I was researching if something like this was in the works. I would be VERY pleased to see this feature implemented soon! I pretty much only ever use the Spotify app on my phone, so being able to not only create, but CUSTOMIZE Playlist Folders would be extremely helpful.

NeelM

Playlist folders on Spotify are so close to being amazing, just missing TWO key features.

1. allow Play/shuffle of playlist folders on mobile

2. allow editing of a cover photo for playlist folders.

im someone who makes playlists for each month then keeps them in a playlist folder. It would make it so much easier if I could shuffle the multiple playlists stored in that folder at once and more likely to use the feature if I can customise the aesthetic of the playlist folder.

really hopes this happens!!

PRStockholm

This would be amazing! It's one of those updates I've always wanted and which would really improve Spotify's quality of life for those who use folders—and honestly, folders are great so I really hope this happens.

tilivjr

I love using folders on my account as it's a good way to organize and efficiently separate my music. I adore this update, but the grey file covers for all folders are an eye sore and don't fit in with the organization aspect of 'the folder.' In my opinion, making the folder covers customisable in the same way playlist covers are, the choices are endless - making your playlists look pretty and unique is such a big part of creating playlists (certainly my favourite part) I'm sure it could be such an easy update to implement as the playlist covers are already customisable.

I know that many others have been talking about this and some people have tried to submit similar entries before, if i remember correctly the Spotify team decided that it wasn't important enough to add to the next update but i completely disagree. Music is a form of creativity and not enabling your users to transform music and make it their own is barbaric considering that this is a platform that thrives in originality and personalisation. The ability to make each person's playlist their own is the charm of Spotify and is why it's often preferred over platforms such as Apple Music.

Please consider this in the next update!!

noralismarquez

The plain gray folder cover makes Spotify SUCH an eyesore. The new desktop update makes it an eyesore on BOTH desktop AND mobile. I love Spotify but I really hate the way it looks. Please fix this soon.