Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
JVEILX

Enable function to remove songs/audio tracks from being in recently played history as well as the homepage. It's annoying to see disliked songs or audio tracks showing up and having no way of removing it. 

sjij

I agree with this suggestion! Not because of other people using my account, but to be able to set Spotify to ignore some song I intentionally play A LOT. I have a kid and I created playlists for her but that totally broke my suggestions. I used to love listening to the daily mix and I discovered so much music ! Now I never listen to it because I know it will be full of childrens music….It would be so practical to have an option like “ignore this album/artist/playlist when suggesting music”, or something like that. Please 🙂

q-_kay3tj152

I came here for essentially this too.

As a user of Spotify's service, I would like to be able to remove a type of music from Spotify's algorithmic learning.

Now that the user story is written, what I would actually like is this:

I have a child, and I'm guessing like a lot of parents I play music for her using my Spotify. This has essentially ruined Spotify's understanding of the kind of music I listen too (and one of the main reason's I've paid for the service for so long). Going through my play history and deleting songs is not a sustainable fix to this problem. It also doesn't address all use cases. I occasionally listen to music I don't like. This is because I like music as a whole, and am always interested in trying new things, but I've found myself using different music services (youtube primarily) to prevent Spotify from interpreting these music plays in any way.

To fix both of these I would like to filter out specific types of music from Spotify's algorithm. Children's music being the most obvious, but I also personally occasionally listen to things like R&B, or old standards like Dean Martin. Typically I'm in a mood to listen to that music (reminds me of people I used to know), but have 0 interest in the genre as a whole.

So that's my suggestion. Let me exclude genre's of music from spotify's algorithm.

MarkoArie

#Spotify @Spotify

Could you please share an update on this outstanding enhancement feature ?

Shinigo

Can we have this last may please?

wignut

The fact that this isn't already a thing is astounding. If it's due to the "taste" algo, let it re-train an hour after it deletes. Not that hard. 

strodfather

More than two years since this has been suggested (and it's by far not the only post with a similar suggestion!). Still nothing has been improved on that front. Spotify if you keep ignoring your customers, the WILL change their music subscription service, you know?! 

1lm0strgnasrvc72cbgl
  1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium Family 

Country

Australia 

iphone

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I cannot believe that I cannot delete my history and clear up my profile. I have listened to some **bleep** podcasts and some very adult music. My kids, before we upgraded to the family package also listened to there music which I do not want anymore. It is inconceivable that in this day and age and paying $20 plus a month. That We are held ransom by a software change that would take 5 minutes to change. Who is running this show and why are Spotify not listening to the voices of their customers. Very unfriendly app. I am getting into the car to take my daughter home after sport and will have to tell her she cannot listen to her favourite music because their are things she cannot see and I can’t remove. Fix this app and platform or people will leave

Tipz22

This is something that can be done on YT Music but not on Spotify. I feel like we aren’t getting the service we’re paying for! I want to be in control of my account!!!

nickthaskater

The use of Spotify for sleep sounds/music is prolific enough that this should be a no-brainer. We shouldn't have to turn on a private session every night before going to sleep when all I want to do is ask my Google Home to play "x" sound/music. Because I often leave one track on repeat, my Discover Weekly playlist is now utterly useless, filled with nothing but "relaxing" music rather than the stuff I actually listen to on a daily basis.