Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
31zkky52ul6ys6csv5uk

I want to be able to delete the "listening history" without "closing the account and waiting one moth for anonymization". Incredibly this is not possible nowadays, such a simple thing. I have asked in the "support chat" and they have answered me that there is not a plan to include this option in this platform. As easy as delete a "listening history"! Do this platform maintains the "listening history" for some commercial use? Nowadays, you can believe in Big Brother histories and about the abuse of personal data. I pay every month to this platform, and they can not delete the "listening history". That is it. One of the most technologically advanced enterprises in the world is not able to delete something that is private: what I listen. And, moreover, after closing the account they do not delete that information: they "anonymizes it". If this not change in a near future, I will look for another platform more respectful with my privacy.

Shadow240408

Had an ex who did not have his own Spotify account so would use mine to play his music ALL NIGHT for weeks and now my Spotify wrapped is here, and is catered to his tastes even though we’ve been broken up for months. kind of frustrating considering he stole from me and now in a way he’s stolen my Spotify wrapped… I really wish this feature was available!

hey, I wish I could have control over my feed, history, sugestios. implement this on spotify please. 

arzasa

Adding my reason for this.

First we are a family of 5, we have the family subscription so everyone technically has their own account. My issue is that with smart speakers, it can be sync'd to the indivual accounts, but we've found that if it can't voice match it defaults to our main Spotify account.. my account. So kids play their music non-stop, which is fine, but every now and then my mixes or my treasured end of year mixes have some random songs I don't want there, or suddenly I have a new favourite artist.

Plus we also have some smart speakers that aren't as smart and just play from the default account only.

Being able to clean up some history, like you can on YouTube would allow the algorithms to work correctly. Or have a negative option, let me dislike songs everywhere, to say, hey, i don't like this.

RJterlaan

@spotify: how is this still a “good idea” and not an implemented feature? 

good suggestions for new music is what makes your app great. 

if I can delete things I do not like anymore, and that improves the algorithm of Spotify for suggestions, then this is basically the #1 feature to implement in perspective of customer value??? 

looking forward to some action on this feature request 👍

I assume there must be a reason they do not implement this - either technical or commercial.   Hard to imagine it would be that hard from a technical perspective.

jack0slime

you just like me fr, i love heavy metal and my account got hacked. the person listened to so much terrible spanish rap and i cant get it off my reccomended

awake_up

I am going around to all of these suggestions for removal of songs from history because it is NEEDED!!! I love my kids, but I hate having to listen to bedtime lullabies pop-up in my favorite lists and would take the time every day to remove those songs if I could. Please Spotify, let us remove irrelevant songs!

zillasaurus

At the very least we should be given the ability to say “I DON’T LIKE THIS ARTIST, GENRE or SONG” don’t play or recommend this ever again.  

Ecology11

I often listen to music while I am writing papers and reports at work. During this time I listen to coffee table jazz, something that is easy listening without words. While I do enjoy listening to this while at work, I wouldn't consider this my style of music and would not listen to this on my own time. I would like to have the option to listen to this music without it affecting the Spotify algorithm that develops playlists for me.