Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Jazzchilli

I was hacked recently and can't get rid of the content the hacker placed in my account. Even if it disappears for one day, it reappears in my shortcuts the next. 

I think there should be a separate thread dealing with the restoration of hacked accounts, but Spotify doesn't. 

If they have a mechanism for dealing with offensive content then all they need to do is open this up to users who have been hacked.

stanisdanny

Please implement that! Sometimes someone asks me some music or my boyfriend touches my spotify and then I get suggestions I hate for like forever. Simply being able to erase them for good would be awesome.

I 100% agree and support this idea!!!

Its really a shame how the algorithm starts to think  "Oh they really like this song" when you may not actually like it and it may have been playing while you were in the bathroom wishing you'd finish up and could run out, grab your phone and stop it...but it doesn't matter, the algorithm's got you and now you can expect that song or something horribly similar to pop up on your Daily Mix etc the next day. 

It would also be great to DISLIKE a song again. I don't get why we have the option to LIKE but not DISLIKE. It might help rectify the algorithm as well.

Someone else commented that it would be nice to also delete Daily Mixes...YES PLEASE! 

Just because I listen to rain to sleep occasionally doesn't mean that I want at Daily Mix of it every single day for weeks.

The algorithm is a bit pushy guys and you give the users limited capability to control/fine tune it.

Also...don't you Spotify programmers use Spotify yourself? Like why are there so many posts and ideas about basic things that users should be able to do to make their listening experience better??

illya

A lot of time I leave the room and forget to turn the music off. I'm not even there. Probably partly why everything spotify rec's me is complete trash now.

bigchapj

I’m 100% in favor of any feature that allows users to curate their own accounts. There are many features like this idea that most people would consider basic functions that simply don’t exist in Spotify. I can’t hide artists or delete songs/albums/playlists/podcasts from my home screen. I can LIKE music but I can’t make any active input to indicate that I DISLIKE something. I pay $9.99 a month to these people and they won’t even let me remove content I don’t want to see or hear. That was a big reason I paid for the service in the first place, so that I could get rid of advertising that I didn’t want to see or hear, but here they are shoving unwanted podcasts in my face every day pretending that they aren’t advertising to me.

RyanPoczin

SIM, É exatamente disso que eu preciso, no começo de 2019 emprestei meu Spotify para meu ex-namorado e ele ouvia muito mais música que eu, resultado: as músicas dele são recomendadas até hoje e lotaram a playlist de mais ouvidas de 2020. Esse é um dos recursos que o Spotify precisa urgente.

1cbm_e-9t4a3h

It's 2021 and Spotify still hasn't implemented it. How hard is it to do that?

ethelen

How's it going with this? I had my account hacked somehow and have a bunch of songs in recently played (all in Chinese I believe) and it's clogging up my home page. Wondering if there will ever be an option to delete them from our homepage and recently played lists. 

Samark

Please add this feature. I do not want background noise that I listen to affect my recommended. Just allow users to delete songs off their history.

Axelofthekey

For a period, I allowed my roommates to use my Spotify on our bathroom speaker. For many months, they listened to the same few artists repeatedly. As a result, my Spotify now thinks I really like these certain artists over a year later, even though they have switched to using their own music on the speaker and I have never listened to those artists. It would be nice to clear that out, as all my analytics from Spotify are currently wrong. Just tried the new analytics feature and it was filled with artists I don't listen to.