Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Pablope

I honestly find it a bit silly that they say they don't mind giving "An OK service to the 1% that fills the collection", when we are the most dedicated spotify users out there, and most likely paying a premium. I don't see how increasing the limit is in any way complicated, this should not be an issue.

rednblu

>> Why would anybody keep posting to this thread?

Look around through just the last two pages of this thread-- This thread is unique for great praise-- by addressing the greatest problem that threatens us all-- Possibly, Spotify in the future will make it impossible to save, edit, and play from one unified listing of 100K tracks.

So those of us who almost daily play from our growing 100K Spotify track collections-- as exemplified by my public profile-- check here and post here regularly-- We keep checking here to see if anyone has found some change or other degradation in the Spotify system that breaks any of our "user programming fixes" that enable us to do the necessary saving, editing, and playing from one unified listing of far over 100K Spotify tracks.

And all of the discussion here is very useful-- We need to know, for example, what all of you have found about converting and transferring our huge Spotify collections to some streaming service-- should that become necessary.

And for our benefit some very BadAndInventive artist has organized that team of "user programming fixes" to read and rank each and every posting made to this thread-- and send back Kudos to whoever is worthy.  (I laugh.)  So I likewise send by hand my own Kudos to the last three postings above which I find very valuable to me.

And my many thanks to my great friend, that BadAndInventive artist, master of the Kudos team on this thread!

noidontwantto

Guys this thread was started by @takingbackbenny 2014-04-05... 

Our five-year anniversary is coming up. 

Are we getting each other gifts or...

PaulMac

Well spotted on the upcoming anniversary. And what an epic collection of posts this is, friends.

Thank you Spotify. You have provided a tremendous platform for so many of your paying customers to share our amazement at your complete lack of interest in this issue. Maybe for the big birthday we can all chip in and buy a nice trophy engraved "In recognition of the worlds worst ever customer service."

larditi

Anyone here has a connection with a well-known blogger, youtuber, etc. ?

You could suggest him to to write something about how Spotify *s...s* on this topic.

By experience, even big companies only start caring about their customer requests when we threaten to make the thing visible on the social nets.

logarithmyk
I've been tweeting this to the CEO, Spotify, and SpotifyCares account every
so often. I recommend everyone does the same.
VladBusca

I also submitted this (along with other proposals) on a list that will directly reach Spotify. Let's see what happens.

alien236

I post here periodically because Spotify deserves to be harassed until it fixes the problem. If it hasn't done so by the time my student discount runs out, I'll probably take my business elsewhere.

countdrunkula

Spotify clearly doesn't care and will happily let us fulminate impotently in this forum forever- the only thing that will get this moving is a higher profile public campaign - social media for example as previously mentioned. Hashtag suggestions?

1969kafer

Less than 600 votes to 10000. Is there a limit on that?

Hopefully we get a result from all those messages to the CEO and others