Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
PaulMac

“As we've previously said, less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Music limit. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%.”

When I first read Spotify’s statement a couple of years ago, I had to go over it a few times. Like most users I’d stumbled across this thread after receiving the ‘Epic Collection Friend’ message meaning no more songs could be added to my library. Then reading the hundreds of pages of complaints to a completely blank response from Spotify. In the space of a few minutes Spotify went from my favourite app to something I just couldn’t understand – how can any company treat their (best) customers like this?

A couple of years on and I still find myself checking to see if they have reworded this appalling statement. Much like my initial reaction to Trump's election –  surely this can’t last long I thought, but unfortunately, he’s still there!

Rigers

Still can't believe nothing is being done about this. I myself have tried to contact Spotify employees to push the subject. It's the 6th highest likes on the forum. 

I've recently subscribed to Spotify Family, mainly to get the Google Home Mini; although this is proving difficult to claim. I've tried removing some songs from my library into playlists but it is too much hassle, besides I shouldn't have to. It's a shame as going back to Spotify, I am loving the discovery. It seems to do the best job of selecting music I will like and the reason for that is 'My Library', the very thing Spotify want to limit. I can understand the reason for the limit, with the offline download limit of 10,000, preventing people from saving their whole library offline but there is no reason why they couldn't just code this, to only allow 10,000 songs, rather than restricting the library limit.

Once I get my Google Home Mini, I will be ending the subscription and continuing Google Music / YouTube Music until the limit is removed. 

Wonder if it's worth raising a petition on https://www.change.org and directing it at Spotify management.

rednblu

>> "OK" experience?

I get an "OK" experience from 110,135 Spotify tracks in the Folder and Playlist structure that I show on my profile-- where "OK" means for me that Spotify has the best performance by displaying in one document display any sort or filter that I wish by TrackName, ArtistName, AlbumName, PlayingTime, or DateAddedToMyLibrary.

But of course, I have no idea what Spotify means by "OK" . . . . -- because as far as I know, Spotify has not explained what they mean by "an OK experience for 100%."   How could Spotify possibly measure that to see if it is even close to the Truth?

davemann

This is absolutely brutal.  Having a size limit on the amount of offline downloads, sure, but not the overall number of items in the Saved library.

Seriously makes me want to switch to Google Play music or even iTunes (ick!).

Ongobo

That’s a good idea but on the other hand quality over quantity is the way to go on the platform of Spotify. I say that Because this helps get more other (related) Playlist to be featured to hopefully gain a premium users 

Consumption to another playlist to party to or whatever the occasion is. 

davemann
I really don't see how this is a quality over quantity thing. If it is,
then Spotify has designed their library system extremely poorly.

It's not like when you "save" music that it's getting downloaded somewhere,
and there's a copy of it placed somewhere on your behalf. It's just a list
of pointers to pre-existing files. The fact that there is a limit seems to
point out that they've made a really poor software design decision if there
are so-called performance concerns about this.
Ongobo
In due time our request will be attempted to by majority rules ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##
dch

@Ongobo wrote:
In due time our request will be attempted to by majority rules ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##

No it won't, it's been five years already. They don't give a **bleep**.

Smores0

**bleep** me silly i already thought this was an annoying rule.

But now i have reached the limit myself and well, as you could guess, i find it even worse. 

Is there anyone from Spotify who can give a logical explanation for this?

The comment they gave to this matter doesn't make sense to me because they are exactly doing what they say they don't want to do.

"The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%."

This should be : "The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users and an "OK" experience for 100%."

Seeing as how much this sucks for the 1%, it sets "great" back to "ok" when looking at everyone.

If i am not understanding something and it really would mean a setback for the 99% users if the limit would be upped or taken away than please, explain that to me. 

Aye

mckenzit

Seems bizarre to me that a service like Spotify have to even think about this. If the 10K limit is only reached by less than 1% of users then why should it be a problem to increase? Not just to 20K or 50K or 100K - but why not make it a Million or unlimited? We are in the sophisticated age of technology and storage etc. now - not like years ago when the service was founded.

Please stop thinking about it - and be true to us proper musical people - make it 1 million, or unlimited.

Cheers - Tom.