Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
cclifford81

Fix this or you will fail.

duginov

This is ridiculous. Spotify applies the same 10,000 limit to TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. I've hit the limit - fine. Today I wanted to listen some album that I could not include in 10,000. Since I was going for a walk I decided to download it and listen offline. Ha! It told me "epic collection, bla bla bla". I only have 10-12 albums downloaded on my phone and I cannot download one more because of what??? This **bleep**.

rednblu

>>  ... I now have 300 playlists and it’s getting hard to . . . .

Yes.  I completely sympathize.  And until Spotify does the right thing, the only way I know to solve this problem is by user programming fixes.  I also have around 300 playlists.

But my friends have shown me how to synthesize a completely satisfactory for me "Your Library" function, with immediate-display, unified sorts and filters on TrackTitle, ArtistName, TrackPlayingTime, AlbumName, or DateAddedToYourLibrary-- displaying all 110,513 unique tracks in all 300 playlists in one scrolled-display-- providing for editing, removing unwanted duplicates, and selecting for queue to play.

* The only way I know to get a completely satisfactory display of all the 110,513 unique tracks in 300 playlists is to install that fully-functional player that Spotify discontinued in 2014.  So Spotify has already solved the technical problems for us.

asavagecomposer
Do share
PaulMac

Update on the post I submitted only a week ago requesting more feedback from Spotify here

It had 20 votes, not a lot but there was some interest shown over a relatively short period of time.

Thanks for your comments! I'm going to be marking your Idea as Case Closed, as Ideas are only updated when they've hit 500 votes or when there's news to share. You can find some more info about how your feedback reaches Spotify over at this Spotify Answer.

The people who manage this place are an absolute joke.

As for the moderators final comment: "If you need a hand with anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know - I'm here to help 🙂"

I'll let you guys decide if you think this the action of someone who wants to help...

PaulMac

Strange how it takes Spotify years to update a thread.

Yet they can close one on that very subject in less than a week.

alexandrakleema

You really need to increase this limit.  Spotify has a good selection, but a truly crappy organizational system.  Besides manually creating an endless and difficult to navigate set of playlists, there is no way to separate music into separate zones to find what you want to hear.  I put things into my library when I don't know if I want to listen to them often enough to give them a space in my playlist bar--but I have trouble finding things I want to hear in my library because it's jsut a huge bin of music.  And then on top of that to say that my library is full, and make me manually unsave each track one by one...it is ridiculous, and is making me think about switching to another streaming service, like Apple Music etc to see if their interfact or library limits are better.

asavagecomposer

If it wasn't for Google Play Music's restricting 1000-song limit on playlists I would have moved over by now. Unlimited saving to your library, plus 50,000 of whatever you can't find that you can upload.

KaH

I recently ran into the 10k song limit and am extremely disappointed. I've been a Premium member for about five years. Spotify is my main music source now, supplanting other physical and digital sources.

I have many playlists, but "Songs" is what I play most of the time on shuffle for variety's sake. The 10k limit is far less than what I have on iTunes. It seems arbitrary and even punitive to frequent users and loyal customers like myself. Why is it in place? Why encourage users to explore and discover new music if they will end up running into this limitation sooner or later?

Seems like Spotify will need to scale better in this regard if it is to become a consumer's primary source of music. I advocate that you rescind the 10k limit, before one of your competitors siphons users away with a more robust alternative.

Thanks for listening,

Keith

filip8211

Unbelievable, it's been 5 years and still no update. What a joke.