Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Rene01

Yes, I agree, but on the desktop it's quite easy I think.

The only thing I can think of why there is a limit, is that if you make it unlimited, performance of searches can go down and the size of your offline library will increase. I think that's the reason of making a limit.

Regards,

René 

mrpaplu

Damnit Spotify. Let's be honest here. 

You're really **bleep**ing over your best user base here. It's been FIVE years and you have shown that you don't care about your power users. You have not given any statement since 2017. Give us an option that allows us to go beyond the limit, so we can opt in for a sluggish but complete experience. 

I guess it's time to find another paid music streaming service, but I don't wanna move all my music.

[edit] 1% is currently over 22 million users...

Drhombeat

You can use Soundiiz to transfer your music to any other streaming service...

jefferybeene

Hello Spotify!

Your idea to limit the amount of songs has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (people really hate this as well as the condescension regarging percentages of users). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this area we will ignore this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by the users.  (It has, though.  Let's be honest.)

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉  Don't worry, the userbase will totally stay with you through all the over 490 pages of comments.  Totally. 

plasticloud
LOL !!!

Bravo for you members of #spotifyEpicCollectionFriendsClub !!

Thank you for the bunch of workarounds and good ideas. Thank you for your
efforts and endurance.

So, yeah, in a certain way Spotify is ours and this forum might as well.
Remember to find another place on the net to terraform while we prepare for
the battle whenever this thread is officially closed. Perhaps a new idea to
give kudos to.

In the meantime #spotifyEpicCollectionFriendsClub in Twitter might be a
safe harbour

duginov
1 How many times do you think I need to click on Save for every individual
song in my library?
2 I will bump into 10,000 limit anyway
3 I would be totally fine if Spotify created a "full" mix for me
automatically, using all of my saved artists and albums. But they refuse!
They make SIX separate mixes for me with no way to combine.
plasticloud
We are about to reach the 500 pages badge #spotifyEpicCollectionFriendsClub
!!
GrawlixL

It's one thing that Spotify makes blatantly bad decisions that alienate significant portions of their userbase for no apparent reason, but it's made worse by the fact that Spotify's communication is terrible and seems downright hostile to the users. A thread like this can be open for years without any substantive reply. Real concerns are often met with dismissive, empty promises of "passing it onto the right team." Other times, you'll be linked to some web page that explains the basics of how to use the app, as though your problem is that you're just too stupid to figure it out, not that basic features were removed. As for why they were removed, they will never tell you.

I'm sure many of you saw one particular cut & paste message that Spotify gives, where they're "constantly adding and removing features to make Spotify better." I asked their support team and even their "executive team" to give literally any example of a feature that, when removed, made Spotify better. I NEVER got any answer, and literally every single time I asked, I just got ignored.

So, basically, I encourage you all to...

• ask Spotify to give literally any example of when removing a feature made Spotify better, and
  • switch to a service that actually values your listening experience.
mrpaplu

@GrawlixL Don't worry man, the new lyrics feature will be up and running soon!

I wanted to create a playlist organizer that would automatically add 'saved' items to their respective artists/albums/songs folder, but they also don't want us to use folders to organize our playlists automatically. They don't have ids for folders, so it's too much work.

Working way around anything from Spotify because they are not really helpfull, I'm trying to create my own music saving system right now using the Spotify Web API and Angular. Problem is that those saved items won't show up in your Spotify saved stuff. At the moment I can login, search and save/remove artists from my library. Future work includes:

- Searching albums/songs/playlists

- Unlimited saving of artists/albums/songs

- Saving all songs of an artist/album

- Saving all albums of an artist

- Pagination or endless scrolling of artists/albums/songs/playlists

- Actually playing those songs with the Spotify Web Player SDK

- Playing the next song (determined by this app, not Spotify)

- Shuffle

- Importing saved albums from Spotify

- Sorting artists/albums/songs

- A pretty design

- Maybe an Electron (desktop app) version?

- Sync using playlists? Every artist would have a playlist for all songs and this application would separate albums. This would allow up to 10k songs per artist and 10k artists. 

For anybody interested in working together on this: I will set up a repository after work today and I'll share it here.

#spotifyEpicCollectionFriendsClub

noidontwantto
Honestly, I don't think Spotify has any obligation to respond.

They haven't changed the limit. That's the response. What else do you need?