Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
duginov
I know a musician whose albums are on Spotify. He says payments are
strictly on per-play basis. If the song played 1000 times label gets
about $4.
Gag1

I agree wholeheartedly that the limit of saved songs should be increased over the 10,000 song glass ceiling. Music is limitless - why put boundaries around it?! One last thing - I couldn’t help noticing that the votes in favor have exceeded 10K. 😆😉

Xtomost

Thats it, cancelled my premium for now. If this issue is fixed, i’ll consider coming back. Apple Music, here i come..

captainrambo

Absurd that Spotify has yet to solve this problem. I’m considering canceling if nothing is done - Apple is beginning to look good. For someone who’s been a subscriber for 10 years, I thought I’d be a little more attached to the platform, but this limit  is so arbitrary and ridiculous that it has turned me off the top-down design of Spotify. Pure arrogance.

itsadequate

I also find the limit very annoying. 

mrpaplu

@GrawlixL

I created a repository for my prototype at https://github.com/kayvanbree/f10k. I tried to get a gh-pages version of it running, but I couldn't get it done with Github Actions. Current features (on develop branch):

• Searching tracks/artists.
  • Artist page (no tracks/albums yet).
  • Playing tracks.
  • Controlling playback (next, previous, pause, play, volume, position). Can also control other devices (and vice-versa).
  • Save tracks and artists > 10k. This feature does not integrate with Spotify's own saving system.
  • Display a list of saved tracks or artists.
  • Import saved tracks from Spotify and add them to f10k. (playlist import is broken atm)

There are some important things to discover:

• Can we actually get some performance with >10k items saved? It looked like it handled it pretty well at 7k, but I did not do extensive testing yet.
  • Can we use virtual scroll instead of paging, like we do now? What will the impact be on performance?
  • Can we use a playlist naming convention to backup our saved tracks?
  • Using Spotify's API, it's only possible to play a certain set of tracks, or to play something in context of an album or such. This, combined with the API's limit of 50 items per request means we can't play our own saved lists using context. We don't have a playlist. We might be able to solve this by appending songs to the queue, or something like that, whenever a song is finished.

People with knowledge of Angular are welcome to fork the repository and to contribute. I'm busy setting up everything for a decent Open Source project.

lennyrieger

Mikko_baffetto

So I had a similar thread open which recently got closed by a Spotify moderator. Can someone clearly explain to me why this is not a priority as you are losing customers, paying customers, due to this issue? I for one am now with G Music as they do not have such a low limit and grant you with the opportunity to add your music. The latter feature has been discontinued for a number of versions so I do not mind its absence but responding to a number of different users saying that their issue is not important as it affects 1% of your user base is frankly absurd. To the point, can you provide evidence on that statistic?

In truth I am sure I am not the only person that is very disappointed with this and most of all with the response you are providing. 

hoving

@lennyrieger what good news? Did I miss something?

plasticloud

The good news is we're reaching 500 pages (and no answer)

#spotifyEpicCollectionFriendsClub