Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
noidontwantto
Thanks for the clarification, Rene01... you're right. The albums are
already "saved" from before... you can now remove the songs from the saved
songs playlist to get spaces back.

For those who only want to bookmark albums, and don't need a list of all
the saved songs on those albums, this is a decent improvement over the old
world!

For those who just want a massive list of more than 10k songs, you gotta go
elsewhere.

For those who want podcasts, Spotify is here to serve you.
hendersj
> I am also not convinced about this 99% figure being banded about. I have
asked for evidence of this which has not been forthcoming.

I don't think anyone is convinced about that figure. Including Spotify.
noidontwantto
@Mikko_baffetto -- Totally!

Fair warning about G Music... Google has said they plan to shut it down in
favor of YouTube at some unspecified point in the future.
Rene01

Hi @Contz,

It doesn't anymore. You can now save albums without the songs. Only the saved albums will show up in the album tab of the library. Saved songs will not make the album show up anymore in that tab. It will show up in liked songs of course.

Regards,

René

Rene01

Hi @michabc,

Yes, true. But only if you want to save all the songs of the album too. Just make up for yourself if you really need this and why. For me it didn't make sense but for others it does.

Regards,

René

Mikko_baffetto

Hi @Rene01,

I used to use Spotify as a representation of my music collection and as such sometimes albums would make the cut. Amazing works such as Gorilla's Daemon Days or The Devine Feminine by Mac Miller have a special place in my soul and would be saved as such in the Library. The latter is where I would store all my music for future reference as it is very easy to lose track of amazing songs within playlists.  This is the reason why storing albums for music doesn't work as I would mark songs rather than albums and if all songs in an album would be amazing I'd save the album. 

I am sure I am not alone in this. 

The most upsetting thing for me is that the so called 1% made Spotify what it is today, arguably a synonym to music. And for the very same company to turn around and not even address the concerns of users that clearly advertised the platform as the go to for all things music related is not only insulting but quite backwards considering that now those same users will move on to other services or revert to physical storage all together...

Regards, 

@michaba

DustyDrums11

I just ran into the same issue. Although the problem can be averted by streaming your library, leaving cellular networks for camping trips and whatnot should not hinder your ability to take your ENTIRE music library with you. We pay $10 a month, we shouldn't have ANY limits on our musical content. 

Rene01

Hi @Mikko_baffetto,

Thank you for sharing. It's fun to hear how people use spotify. My idea is the same as yours. I want my music collection in spotify and I don't want to lose music. My collection is primarily albums. But besides that I save single songs in playlists like all time favorites, favorites by genre, by language etc. For me it wouldn't make sense to store 10.000 songs in a list, it wouldn't be structured enough, that's why I use playlists. Amd of course spotify could have helped structuring 10.000 songs by using tags or predefined categories like by album and by artist but that's another topic. Storing more than 10.000 songs in a list wouldn't make sense for me.

Regards,

René

Rose28

I had this happen to me recently after using premium for years and I thought the exact same thing... why would we be limited for a paid service that is literally made to find new music and listen to new music? When I got the message I thought it was an error. Definitely need to update this and not just table it in an idea box especially if your premium paying users are bringing it up. Even if it is a small amount it means we are not only paying but avidly using your app out of all others! 

Rene01

Hi @Rose28,

I also thought about the reason for this, check this

Regards,

René