Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
lolo341

"As we've previously said, less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Library limit. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an 'OK' experience for 100%." 

Guess what? As of 2019, Spotify Premium has more than 100 million subscribers. That means that Spotify is admitedly neglecting 1% of 100 million, which equals 1 million users. And that's just Premium users. I understand setting a limit for non-subscribers, but it's pretty pathetic to tell Premium subscribers, who collectively earn your company $120 million a year, that they can only like so much music before Spotify says its too much. 

Let's go back to percentages. Spotify currently claims to have more than 40 million tracks. Setting a 10,000 song limit might sound plentiful, but it's .025% of your offerings. Where is the logic here? This is seriously mindboggling. 

To put this in perspective, if Netflix only allowed users to like .025% of the 5835 titles available in the U.S., that be 15. Can you imagine NF limiting people to only liking/queuing 15 movies?

r-cq_s8qfirj0

Even busted-**bleep** Rhapsody had unlimited adds to personal library.  You're saying that your metrics are what's keeping you from this, but that just sounds like bs.  Limit playlists all you want, but personal library should encompass everything.

I migrated from Rhapsody to Groove and now here.  You want my money, you up that limit.

artful_dodger59

Maybe the other 99% don't stream music but I do! I have 2 playlists - one 10,000 and the other 8028. It would make it so much easier just to have one. You tell me you don't have the technology or the people there to be able to figure this out? You want money, but you DON'T want to listen to your customers.

Like on other issuses of constantly adding and removing albums..albums that don't contain ALL the songs. It's utterly ridiculous. These are simple fixes. DO IT! That's why you're constanly losing customers. 

Monosabius

I am really frustrated. I have found this initiative and I have voted. But I see that we are few users.
Spotify has been a dream come true for people who love music, who listen, and expand their musical horizons.
Since I reached the library limit, not being able to add new discoveries causes me frustration and an unpleasant experience.
I would be willing to pay more to eliminate that limit, but it seems stupid.
Every time I use less Spotify. I am considering switching to Tidal if they do not solve this problem.

Neverbroken1025

This thread was initiated back in 2014!!!! Absolutely **bleep**ing absurd for there not to be an unlimited music library for loyal premium subscribers. I reached the 10k limit YEARS ago and i've never been more frustrated with the product because of this. Spotify, for your music afficianados such as myself and I bet hundreds of thousands of others, you REALLY need to ask yourself this question: "Is it worth frustrating and angering our most loyal customers over something as rudimentary as not unlimiting premium subscribers' library volume?" The answer to this question should be **bleep** NO!

bleeding_tree

I was just complaining about this here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Like-button-limit/m-p/4854220

I'm disappointed to see that this is something that was recognized and complained about vigorously previously.

As I said, Spotify clearly wants to consider the Like button as a way to create a "Liked" playlist.  I don't desire a "Liked" playlist and avoided using the "Like" button for most of my time on Spotify because that seemed like a nuisance to me.

However, it works - indeed, works brilliantly - at affecting my Daily Mixes and recommendations, in the way that Netflix likes affect my recommendations, etc., so I was really feeling very excited about this functionality, so it was incredibly disappointing to hit this arbitrary limit that prevents me from getting all that I've now been shown I could want from my Spotify.

MadPop

Sorry...not going to browse through all 500 pages of replies. 

Hope it’s okay if I just ask a couple of short questions. 

-Is it possible to view the current number of songs in ones library? I’m constantly hitting the roof and was going try a few things to reduce my count. 
-Also are the “liked” songs in the automatically generated playlist included in that count?

-Is Spotify anywhere but in this tread detailing how the limit works?

That’s all for now...thanks!

jsimino

I couldn't agree more with takingbackbenny...

You've got more than 10 000 likes and 500 comments on this post, I think that you Spotify guys should really do something about it...

Maybe not according unlimited storage size for offline music, but something around 2 Tb seems more appropriate to me.

100 Gb is clearly not enough...Especially nowadays, when you have smartphone with 256 Gb of internal storage and microSD card with 512 Gb size.

Best regards,

noidontwantto
Yes but unfortunately Google Play Music is shutting down in favor of
YouTube Music... because that's just how Google roll.

I'm not sure, but I think YouTube Music's library limit is just 5k.

Here's what I think the comprehensive list is right now... the limits
aren't easily comparable because Spotify has changed the way it counts
albums.

Most of these aren't really confirmed anyway, so take with a grain of salt!

Spotify: 10k tracks (or albums)
Apple Music: 100k tracks
Google Play Music: 50k tracks
Amazon: 100k tracks
Deezer: 2k tracks (or albums?)
Tidal: 10k albums?
Pandora: Unlimited?
YouTube Music: 5k?