Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea and changed the title from "Collection" to "Your Music" to make it easier to find vi search, since that's the official name for the feature now. 😉

sigutatch

Yeah, I can't see why this would be the case, we are paying customers after all and if I were to add all of my songs to your music I'd overload it aswell. I've never run into this problem with playlists though but combined this is a serious problem.

gaz8080

Ridiculous to have a limit, I'm looking to replicate my iTunes library of 13,000 tracks plus ad a load more albums since istopped using iTunes, probably at least 20,000 tracks.

smedindy

This is an outrage that we can't have more than 10,000, especially since most of us have huge collections.

Cucco

I started a discussion for the same reason, now I'm organizing my library using the old playlist system using playlist folders... 😞

You have my kudos, anyway! 😉

Brian

As long as no more than 10 000 songs are allowed in Your Music I won't be able to move over to using Your Music instead of Starred tracks... which I can't use either since it's hidden now - talk about catch 22.

Spotify, when will you address and help us having more than 10 000 starred tracks with the move?

jargylplath

I disagree with needed a cap at all, but after reading some dev responses I can at least understand why they are approaching it this way.

However, 10,000 is too low of a cap.

At the very worst, could there be a new subscription option that allows you to pay a premium (on top of the premium we're already paying...) to have a higher cap?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to start looking into Rdio or Beats Music. Especially after being bought by Apple, I'm guessing Beats is going to be the service to beat (sorry for the pun) and they don't seem to have a cap to their library.

Daniel_EJohnson

Yeah, this is pretty stupid, to be honest. Come on Spotify - don't be that guy of music streaming services

JairCrawford

Wait... why exactly is there a cap on Songs now?

I understand the 10,000 limit for offline tracks.

But for the Songs list? The old Library didn't have a limit, and included local files as well.

This is all really confusing.

gorrn

I am really loving spotify and would consider investing the monthly 10€ - but not with a limit on my collection.

I've been using spotify for just about three weeks now, and today I've already reached the limit. I don't even have all my music in there yet. This sucks. And getting no error message at all sucks double.

Please re-consider this.

Cheers