Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Metalliwolf

The limit is not infinite for me as a free user.

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 18-46-10.png

rrudolphjr

I am once again getting the “epic collection” message and am unable to save any songs to my library.

Audioplayer

@rrudolphjr

The poster above you stated they have the free version and it does not seem to be unlimited for them is that the case or if you are a premium subscriber how many songs are you getting limited at? Also have you updated your software recently?

rrudolphjr

Long time premium subscriber with automatic updates applied to my apps. Each time I checked it yesterday I got the “epic” message if I tried to add a song. I am happy to report that as of today everything is working again. I have added songs with no issues. 

BikerLibrarian
I'll definitely check into this. Thanks!
artful_dodger59

BS! I have 2 playlists. one stopped at 9,938 and the other at 9,923. This is annoying! How hard is it to increase the number of songs you can have on a playlist or do you have anyone working for you there capable of doing this.

I'm a Premium customer and I'm about to cancel my subscription.

Also, you continue to remove songs from your library of music and replace with crappy re-recorded versions. 

At times you don't even do that. I can why you continue to lose customers to other music sites. 

Contz
Get in touch with the support.
I think they are still in the roll out process.
TheOCaptain
Only your LIKED (formerly starred) is able to exceed 10,000 - not playlists.
This post was originally about not having the ability to like more than 10,000 songs, but after a recent social media campaign informing the public/subscribers of this, that was changed a few months ago. However, playlists are still capped at 10,000.
Contz
Audioplayer

@artful_dodger59, @contz, @TheOCaptain

Reading the original post it does say that both playlists and favorites shouldn’t be limited. Somewhere along the line it morphed into more thinking it’s just about favorites. The only thing after 6 years thousands of votes and hundreds of comments that Spotify bothered to do was unlimit favorites. And it was done instantly no roll out period. I agree with Rodie that the number of songs within a playlist should also be UNLIMITED! Seeing Spotify didn’t do that as well then someone should start a new idea on this topic for us to ask for and vote on. As for how many songs you currently can save in a any single playlist it’s:

Spotify: 10,000 tracks

Tidal: 10,000 Tracks

Deezeer: 2,000 Tracks NOTE: Deezer has a community area like Spotify has here and their customers have also been vocal about this and Deezer is working on making changes. Deezer also continually communicates with them as well. They also alluded to the technical reasons why they originally did this. Unlike Spotify! There is also other ways of implementing this feature if they re-write the software. All of these companies have the money to do it.  I suggest you join their community and keep the pressure on them as well maybe it will help push Spotify along in this regard. Check it out here: https://en.deezercommunity.com/features-feedback-44/limited-number-of-songs-in-playlists-1112?sort=d...

Qobuz: 2,000 Tracks Bug Customer Service to change this! *snip*

Apple Music: I don’t know anyone that does please tell us

Amazon Music: I don’t know anyone that does please tell us

Pandora Premium:  I don’t know anyone that does please tell us

YouTube Music:  I don’t know anyone that does please tell us

Being vocal to all services and voting with your wallet is all you can do. It’s your money so make these companies earn it. They work for you not the other way around. Ask and pay for what you want. Not what they try and force on you! Speak up!