Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
rrudolphjr

The 10k cap was removed. Sounds like your app might need to be updated. “Your Music” is now called “Liked Songs.” If you have Twitter, send a tweet to @ Spotify Cares. Hope they can get it sorted out for you. 

kierstenb11
You say the 10k cap was removed, but it was not.. Please remove the cap for
playlists. There is no reason for there to be a cap, as I pay for this
service and want all my music together in one place. Or bring back the
songs tab, let there be a place where all your songs are together so you
can shuffle through everything. Spotify needs some updating and the cap
NEEDS to be removed.
rrudolphjr

I didn’t realize you were talking about playlists. Spotify has said the 10k cap is still in place for playlists. It was removed for “Liked Songs.” You need to post your concerns in a playlist thread. This thread is not about playlists. 

mikesmartt
What *are* linked songs?
rednblu

Spoiler

Audioplayer

@rrudolphjr

If you read the first sentence of the original posters (takingbackbenny) post it does state the maximum number of songs allowed in one playlist. This topic seemed to morph into both saved songs in the your library feature but others also likened it to the limit of the number of songs allowed within a single playlist. So this thread could either continue on or someone could start a new thread more clearly stating that the Spotify users that wish to have the 10,000 limit of the number of songs allowed within any single playlist to be removed completely thus making it unlimited. Although making a new thread would be a better option so people could actually vote on it and get Spotify’s attention. Otherwise this thread will just be ghosted.

KariShae

I'm just baffled that someone could listen to 10k worth of songs *mind-blown*. I always thought my 4k collection fo liked songs was a lot.

gr33nmind
I have 36,494 songs in my Spotify collection. They are split into 4 main starred groups, and almost another 120 more different groups, including artist, albums, genres, festivals, venues, etc. Some music fanatics just happen to adore an awful lot of music.
kierstenb11
Yes!! Some people want all their music so they can listen to everything when not in service (spotty service where i live) or for those who don’t have unlimited data, also it’s nice to just have in your playlists rather than searching it up. Spotify needs to remove the cap, or just raise the current 10,000 song limit. or create the option to put all your songs in one place!
kye456

Spotify you need to add unlimited song on iphone. I get the 10,000 limit on songs but i keep getting the same message every time. Please spotify remove the LIMIT it keeps deleting my songs and i have to keep putting them on my phone every time it does it. Please just do it spotify.