Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
noelkudo

And still absolutely no feedback from any official member/employee?

I wish there was some sort of hashtag you could add to make someone pay attention.

#goddamitfixthis

Borealisaurorae

Currently this limit is a dealbreaker for me. Unless fixed before the end of the month, when my premium subscription if up for renewal, I will head over to Google Music for my aural pleasure fixes. Even though Spotify is profoundly better and nicer to tinker with (desktop client for one).

JayTejada

To be more specific. its 10k devided amoungst your devices. so on your phone you have a 3,333 cap, PC is 3,333 etc. its terrible.

nickwhit

This is awful. You're going to lose real music fans if you don't remove this limit.

Jibber4568

Absolute joke this limit!! 10,000 songs is nothing. Mine is now reached and is effectively destroying Spotify for me. This limit takes away everything that is great about Spotify. Might as well go back to managing my own mp3's.

Seriously annoyed by this.

ryanreitsma

For the love of all things holy get rid of this 10,000 song limit.  As a user that was considering switching from RDIO to Spotify this is a HUGE deal.  RDIO has no such limit as ridiculous as this thing.  

pzb

Remove the song limit. It is a dealbreaker for me.

Jc1090

Get rid of this. If you're just using a single playlist to store a user's entire music library because of coding simplicitly, then I don't see how it would be difficult to concatenate 2 or more of them (assuming the implementation for whatever structure you're using to store them was written by someone who has a clue what he's doing).

anotherman

Remove the limit.  REAL music junkies will be horrified once they find out.

mateuscks

Oh man, I feel so bad now.

My subscription just got payed for the first month yesterday and today I tried to save some more albuns to my collection and couldn't do it.

I'm not sincing the music to any devices, I just want to have the albuns in my collection. That isn't really that much to ask, I just wan't to have access to the music without having to search for them. This is really a deal braker, and I feel so bad because I was really loving the service.

Too bad.

I look forward to the removal of this really pointless limit, when that happens, I'll go premium again.

So disappointed, I can't even believe they would actually do this.

Since I already paid for it this month, I'll keep using it to the end of the month, but if this doesn't change until then I will be canceling my premium membership and will also tell all of my friends to do that as well and they will do it because this limit is ridiculous.