Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Denial94

bump motherufckers

PaulMac

Bump

drunkenpumpkin

Yeah, let's keep bumping to keep it current and encourage people who haven't voted to vote haha

garethjohnevans

Massive +1 for this!This is my single biggest bugbear, so frustrating. Why would there be a limit??  The cynic in me is thinking this is a pre-curser to a 2nd tier of membership which allows a greater number of saved albums. Which I don’t like the idea of but I can see that’s a clever move by putting in a barrier and therefore creating demand. Sad if so

asavagecomposer
Do not spam the forum.
countdrunkula

@asavagecomposer wrote: Do not spam the forum.
^^
Hilarious that this thread is so large it's attracting this sort of stuff - thanks Spotify!
awesomerrificus

@countdrunkula wrote:

@asavagecomposer wrote: Do not spam the forum.
^^
Hilarious that this thread is so large it's attracting this sort of stuff - thanks Spotify!

I was thinking the same thing! That someone feels this thread is worth spamming is very telling.

Release the limit, Spotify!!

noidontwantto
Aw for a second there I was hoping someone wrote and published a track
called "Epic Collection, Friend" that was about this stupid limit!

Any musicians on the thread? I think a great way to get the message out
would be on Spotify itself!

nolaurious

It is preposterous to punish your most enthusiastic power users by limiting their library. The 1% of users who reach this cap are likely the most vocal Spotify ambassadors. Please allow paying customers to create unlimited libraries!

purnah

Well, I've been struggling with finding alternatives to Spotify. (It is not workable as a music service supporting building a collection due to the 10,000 track cap on my library -it's OK as a radio service I suppose.) At the moment, I am focused on creating my own library so I am not reliant on any other provider.

To do this, I've invested in a Synology NAS for storage and am working my way through my CD collection ripping to flac. To address any new music, instead of paying Spotify £9.99 pm, the model I'm exploring is buying CDs or digital downloads again. I'll probably end up saving money as well as having 3TB of storage in lossless format - capable of holding 75,000 tracks. Streaming in lossless is also much more expensive - Spotify don't offer it, and Deezer charge £19.99 pm.

I'll also be back in the world of sharing music with friends - like lending them a CD. That takes me back.