Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
ARRM

I am getting tired of not being able to save the songs/albums I discover so I am starting to think about moving to other platforms...

Tibbs90

Please provide better ways for users to sort their library so that than can remove old or unwanted stuff. You can filter music by newest, why not add a way to filter music by oldest? That would be an intelligent thing to do.

siro_mateos

We are reaching 10000 votes... hope there isn't a cap for that.

Quovadis10

10000 and not sure that Spotify will move. Please,

could you here this request? 

am555

I only found out about this limit today and am really worried that spotify will not fix this before I reach the limit (6,426 songs and counting), I use spotify premium for all my music listening now and most of the time I play all of the songs in my library on shuffle (with more new releases and old favourites added to my library regularly). On my old iTunes library I had over 25,000 songs...

Surely more and more users are going to reach this limit with time and it needs to be fixed before average listeners such as myself and others abandon spotify in favour of other streaming services that offer the capacity we need for building up a music library over the long term

Rigers

I've given up now, don't think they are ever going to fix this. Some of my previous comments had been removed by Spotify so they obviously are monitoring the forum, just choosing to do nothing about it. I'm now subscribed to Apple music. Spotify are no longer a pioneer of streaming music, lagging behind now.

vashi

Adding a toggle in advanced settings to allow unlimited songs coudl be a good solution. There could be a disclaimer that this may impact performance to let the user know.  This way, the default behavior of the 99% users would see no performance decrease and only those who opt-in and know about the implications are affected by any performance decreases.

PaulMac

@Rigers wrote:

I've given up now, don't think they are ever going to fix this. 

Same for me, just waiting for Apple to sort out some Android issues before moving the whole family account as well.

Amazon also an interesting option, especially considering they will soon be offering high res music for £15 per month (and a 100k cap on the music library). 

My preferred option would be to stay with Spotify but they've had 5 years to sort out this mess.

Rigers
I'm not a massive fan of Amazon. Lacks music discovery and quality is terrible at the moment. From what I read the other day, Apple always asks for the best quality master when importing songs so it should be a matter of toggling if they were to offer high resolution which I suspect they will if Amazon are doing it. Also , I like I can now use Alexa with Apple Music.
timultuoustimes

The responses I have seen from Spotify are asinine. "You can just split your library into playlists." Ok. Last I checked, playlists don't organize the same as "my music". And why should I need to have multiple "libraries"? I quickly hit 10,000 items when I was using your service. Non of this makes sense. Creating arbitrary limitations because a "majority of users don't hit it." That's because the ones that do, LEAVE.

I left the paid service a few years ago for GPM, and have not reached any sort of limit adding multiple new albums to my library every week. Now that that is likely going away for YouTube Music I am looking for a new service again, so I thought  I'd see if your service still has this limit, and I guess so. If I logged back into my account now, I wouldn't even be able to add even one new song to my library. That makes no sense to me.