Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
lmwirshba
That article is almost 5 years old - and Google killed Google Music!
lmwirshba
If Spotify allowed you to Shuffle Albums, and each album on average say has 10 songs, that’s a 100,000 library and would solve this problem!
lyonophon

This is a real issue for me, and I would imagine for anyone who is trying to represent broad musical tastes either for professional or personal needs. This seems to be a very simple problem with the way that Spotify catalogues data, and should for all practical purposes be resolved. 

lmwirshba

Today’s news... so Spotify, going to finally address this issue?

Spotify's stock drops almost 5% after Amazon expands free music service 

JS077

meanwhile it's almost 2020 and we still dont have this fixed.

Surely paying members can receive upgrade to the storage or whatever is the reason for this small limit.

Do you want me to use your subscription?

yeahitscharlie

Guys, Spotify added this thread to the Good Ideas section in this month's Idea Review!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/Ideas-Review/ba-p/4861245

I haven't been following those summaries, so can anyone tell me if this is a new thing? Do we finally have hope they're gonna fix the issue soon?

surprisedpikach

Amazon has a 100k limit if I remember correctly and now free with ads

Spotify u need to compete or ull lose subs

KevinPelletier

YAY!!! I'm so glad this got bumped to good idea! Hopefully it'll be something that they look into soon!

thunderbird082

The cap should be 100,000 songs at least and for super users, they should be able to pay another few dollars to have an unlimited collection. Spotify is my favourite and most used app apart from this feature. Very disappointing. 

stationsarzt

So, after months of putting up with having to delete music from my collection to add new albums I've finally switched to Apple Music (which has a 100k song limit) and now also finally cancelled my subscription. I've upvoted this feature years ago, and nothing happened. I think many others are as disappointed as me.

Farewell Spotify …

BTW, there's a service called Soundiiz, which helps you with transferring your collection.