Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
DenalB

Great! 👍

rrudolphjr

😲

TheOCaptain
Can you provide a screenshot?
rrudolphjr

Hopefully 100k to match Apple Music.

Audioplayer

@rrudolphjr

HOPEFULLY UNLIKE APPLE MUSIC AND WITH NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!

PaulMac

Fantastic!

It would have been nice if they could have acknowledged the change here in this thread but the main thing is it's fixed, brilliant stuff. 

smkspotify

Wow! I hope Spotify makes an actual announcement about this. I wonder what the new limit is

rednblu

Yes!  117,034 tracks now in my "Your Music"!

Congratulations!  And Thanks to all!

I just dragged the Ctrl-A of 117,034 tracks in my top-level Folder and dropped on the Songs "playlist" name -- The addition completed in less than five seconds.  This is on my Windows 10 laptop running the 2014 version of the Spotify app.

117K.jpg

And the Spotify shuffle works perfectly across all 117,034 tracks currently in my "Your Music"-- scattering the tracks in my PlayQueue from top, middle, and bottom of the 117,034 tracks in my "Your Music".

Tomorrow, I will see how I can use this advance in one my other laptops that runs the most current Spotify app.  Thanks to all!

lkgnyc

FABULOUS!!! Maybe Spotify doesn't want this to be too well-known, I can see that. Maybe THEY don't know! 😄 (Side-effect of some other change? Doubtul, but…) I do know this is GREAT! And thanks to one & all, keeping up the pressure for years! I think that must have had an impact.

Micturion

Wow! Didn't see that coming. That's great news. I can finally sync my complete library now. Gonna test it tonight.

Think a spotify developer just commited some changes without Spotify even knowing it. 😉