Announcements

[All Platforms][Your Library] Option to hide individual songs in a saved album from Artists section

I talked with a person from community service and found out there's no comfortable way to listen to an artist with every album you liked if you wanted to skip songs that were marked as "hidden".
They suggested me to create a separate playlist for that but I can say it's totally useless in case when I got several music bands where not every song I listen is something that I would love to hear. 
E.g. I don't like to mix live and studio records when I press "shuffle" button.

So I suppose Spotify will be a better place If one doesn't need to make a playlist every time he wants to simply ignore some songs.

Updated on 2020-11-27

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea and we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users. 

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Note, that you can already hide individual track from a saved album in Your Library on mobile - more info here.

Cheers!

Comments
Casual Listener

Does this mean excluding the hidden songs in an album from your library, so they don't appear in the Artists section? If so I'd be on board for this. I also posted about this here.

This would be great for albums where only a deluxe version is available, so you're not shuffling about 6 versions of the same song.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-11-27

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea and we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users. 

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Note, that you can already hide individual track from a saved album in Your Library on mobile - more info here.

Cheers!

Casual Listener

Also just to clarify - you can hide individual songs in a saved album in Your Library, but even after doing so, they will still show up and play in the Artists section on mobile. Hiding the tracks only means that they are skipped when playing that album - if you download the album, for instance, it still downloads the hidden tracks (which is a bit pointless)