Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[All Platforms][Your Library] Option to lock daily mixes

I love the randomness of daily mixes and the algorithm for them, but I listen to a lot of different genres. I'll have a daily mix that's perfect for one genre, but then if I start listening to a new genre, it kicks that daily mix off and replaces it with a new one. Or if two artists are similar enough, it might add a new artist to a daily mix that I don't want to hear.

It'd be great if there was an option to lock a daily mix so varied listening choices wouldn't affect it, and it would stay as a daily mix no matter what you listen to. This should be as easy to turn on or off as favouriting a playlist, so anyone who doesn't like this feature wouldn't be affected by its addition because they could just keep it turned off. If this is hard to implement, you could at least just have an option to lock all daily mixes, so none of them update.

As I said, I love the way mixes load similar songs as you listen, and adapt to new music you listen to, but there should be an option to turn the adaptations off. This would make the daily mixes more customizable and user friendly to anyone who listens to a lot of different genres of music.

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hey @BaanDar,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you might want to add your vote to these related ideas:

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hey @BaanDar,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you might want to add your vote to these related ideas:

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

I agree. Maybe they should give us the option to “save the playlist” in our library as a new. 

Gig Goer

Liking this idea, if you like one of the daily mixes a simple star to save could lock into place. Open up additional daily mixes maybe another 5. With 5 ability to lock in. Don't like that daily mix, some sort of reshuffle deck option. , for alternate daily mix