[All Platforms][Your Library] Pre-save albums

This is a report of a closed idea.

Right now, when an artist releases promotional singles for an upcoming album, they have to relase the track as a seperate single.

In Apple Music or YouTube Music, promotional singles are dealt with differently. The album is fully put onto the service, but only the promotional singles are avaiable for streaming. The user is still able to save the full album to their library, essentially pre-saving the album.

This allows songs that are scrobbled to last.fm to have proper tags, as the music is tagged with the name of the proper album (as opposed to the promotional single).

It is also way more organized and allows the artist page and the user's music library to be less cluttered. And when the entire album comes out, the user does not have to unsave the old versions and resave the new versions. It's all automatic if it's categorized under an album in the first place.

Updated on 2020-06-13

Marked as new idea which is a repost of this inactive idea

Comments
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-13

Marked as new idea which is a repost of this inactive idea

Casual Listener

This really annoys me. I've got an upcoming EP which I want to pre-release one track from. As someone who likes to keep their artist profile tidy on Spotify (not to mention being a last.fm user myself), I really don't want to cram singles in there as well as an EP.

Sounds like overkill but it's probably going to be the deciding factor in me just keeping the whole EP as a release instead of releasing a song ahead of time.

Casual Listener

Will be really useful feature

Casual Listener

Yes!!! This is SO needed! How do we get Spotify to implement this?!