[All Platforms][Your Library] Replace heart icon with "+" when adding an album or EP

Please replace the heart icon with a "+" or something else when a user is trying to add an album or EP to their library.

The heart has two purposes depending on the context, which makes this confusing.

Here's why:

• Click heart on song: adds song as a "liked" song
  • Click heart on album: adds all songs from album to Your Library

These are two separate actions so I think it would be beneficial to update the icon to make it clear that you are adding the album or EP to Your Library and not adding all of them as "liked" songs.

Screenshot_20200118-230512.png

Updated on 2020-01-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ManuMateos
Music Fan

Actually I think Spotify considers both like and add to library as the same action (in fact the "Saved songs" list, at least in Spanish, is translated as "Canciones que te han gustado"; "Loved songs").

You're actually describing Apple Music behavior. 

cbriske
Regular

While technically both actions do add them to the library, you can "heart" an album and it will save the songs to Your Library, but they will not be considered liked songs until you manually "heart" each song or select "Like all songs". I went through each action and documented them below:

1. Select heart icon on album: "Added to Library" and album is saved to Your Music with nothing hearted.
  2. Select heart icon on first song: "Added to Liked Songs" and song is hearted, added to "Liked Songs" playlist, and added to Your Library.
  3. Select "Like all songs" from album options: "Added to Liked Songs" and each song from the album is hearted, added to "Liked Songs" playlist, and added to Your Library.

Ideally, this request will it more clear that clicking the heart on the album will add these songs to Your Library without considering them liked songs.

ManuMateos
Music Fan

Liked songs are liked songs and they appear in a screen, and liked albums are liked albums an they appear in another screen; when you click a liked album you see the whole album (liked and not liked songs). 

For me it's a dealbreaker to have a "liked songs" playlist and not to be a "normal" playlist, but to know from everywhere if I liked that song. I would leave Spotify if this changed. 

PaulMac
Roadie

"Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes."

What is the required number of votes? 

cbriske
Regular

Apparently 500+ votes are needed for them to review it according to the link in their comment. So tell your friends!