[All Platforms][Your Library] Sort songs within each artist on Liked Songs by album again, not A-Z

Until the last week or so, when the Liked Songs playlist was sorted by artist, it was sorted this way within each artist: first by album A-Z, and then in track order on each album. Now it's all songs for that artist, sorted A-Z, regardless of album. I thought this was such a weird change at first that it must be a glitch, but everyone I know is seeing the same thing.

Album order and composition is the decision of the artist, and this feels like a compromise of that integrity. I can't imagine why this change was made. I can no longer listen to my library the same way as before and am feeling pretty lost. Even if Spotify doesn't consider switching back soon, would love to know the reasoning behind it.

(Yes, it's possible to hack around this by searching within the Liked Songs playlist for the artist, and sorting songs by album within those search results, but this doesn't work if the artist's name is a word found in other search results or if they're featured on other tracks in the playlist. Even that can only be achieved on the desktop app. Bottom line, we shouldn't have to do a workaround like this.)

Updated on 2020-05-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-05-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.