[All Platforms][Your Music] Add mood page to your profile

Have a “genres & moods” type page on your own profile for sorting your playlists. 

I have way too many playlists and it gets tough to navigate to the right one. This would help with sorting and adds more customization to your profile!

Updated on 2019-08-05

Marked as a new idea :)

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-08-02

Hey @dmcunningham,

Thanks for bringing your ideas to the Community :)

Do you mind giving us an idea of how this might appear on your profile page? If you can include some sort of illustration of this, that would be really useful.

Thanks! Looking forward to your reply :)

dmcunningham
Casual Listener

It would be exactly like the genre page but for sorting your playlists into custom folders.

this would be useful for people like me who have too many playlists and would like more creative options with their spotify page!

it could also be used to share multiple private/public playlists at once (which I find myself doing whenever I reccomend new music to friends!)

Hey @dmcunningham,

Thanks for getting back to us with that clarification.

One more question: how would this be different to creating a playlist folder and naming it after a certain genre? 

The reason we would like to know this is so that other users can see what the added value of your idea is, and to make sure that it is significantly different from what already exists as a feature in the app.

Thanks! Keep us posted :)

dmcunningham
Casual Listener

Sure! It would be in a separate tab from the playlists tab, the playlists you add to it would remain in the playlists tab, you would have the option to add playlists to multiple different playlist folders, you can set custom cover art, and be able to share the folder.

I’d love to use this feature so I could have a cleaner interface and sort my many playlists as well as having more creative control over the look of my profile. 

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-05

Marked as a new idea :)

Hey @dmcunningham,

Thanks for clarifying - I've marked you idea as a New Idea now :)

Make sure to add your explanations to the original idea for other users to see.

Thanks!

dmcunningham
Casual Listener

Thanks! I would’ve added how it was different from playlist folders if I had known they existed until you mentioned it! I haven’t seen that feature on the mobile app