Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Music] "Add to queue" with Google assistant

I would like to add the 'add to queue' function to any google assistant device.

I have a google home device and when I try saying "play next" or "add to queue" the speaker just switches to the named song right away. 

Even tried using 'ifttt' but couldn't find or build a good applet.

This kind of missing functionality is a MAJOR gap for my everyday usage of the google assistant.

If you think this is an idea/feature that should be added, please send a link to a friend of yours with a Spotify account and ask him to help too.

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks, 

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our
Idea Exchange.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

This is a repost of an inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Google-Home-Add-to-Queue-Command/idi-p/1551438

CabeoC

Found this on Reddit. I think it's a good idea! If Google Home gets it, Alexa deserves it as well, so be sure to get her in on it, too.

Aradrodusa1

Are you sure there is no way to do this on Alexa enabled devices? If so I most certainly will add it!

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks, 

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our
Idea Exchange.

joneblaze

I think this is clearly a desired feature that should be bumped up in the backlog.  Tremendous benefit to the end user and exposure to Spotify's innovative spirit, not just to this existing community but to non paying customers who will hear (punny right?) it in action and create a wow factor.  Hands free integration in partnership with the dominant Assistants in the market.

rianjb

I hope this idea can be kept alive. What I'd like is a way to queue a playlist so I can set up a routine that plays a certain kind of music while I'm waking up, then switches to some different kind of music at a certain time without abruptly cutting in the middle of a song.

MadmanOnWheels

Spotify, undo the "Not" on the status of this idea.

Meekay

I'm pretty sure more people want this than the Amount of people who know about the feature request feature.   

ZedX

Ah yes, a useful, practical feature that actually adds functionality? Of course it'll be "not right now" 🙄

joneblaze
  • Update?