[All Platforms][Your Music] Keep track of skip action for statistics and analytics

Hi all,

I've been studying the Spotify Web API documentation to be able to make a pet project. I'm studying data analytics with Python and I want to create my own personal assistant app (similar to this suggestion post).

I want my project to analyse two main things: what I call trackplay and trackskip. Trackplay is like the pageview of a web page: it's when a user plays a track. This is already gathered and stored, so nothing should change. My suggestion is for the trackskip: whenever a user actively skips a track, this action would be recorded. Along with the track information, the system would include additional data like the day and time, context and so on. Then, the trackskip object would be available through the Web API.

My project's aim is to initially report based on the two main sources of insight (play and skip) and, once enough information is gathared, try to offer suggestions also based on these two main sources of insight.

It is a relatively small update that would not impact user usage but that I believe has great potential for whoever wants to apply analytics to the data.

Cheers,

Felipe Sineta

Updated on 2019-06-28

Marked as new idea.

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-06-28

Marked as new idea.