Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Eacus

Hi,

I fully support the above Idea of a "Dislike" button present everywhere. I enjoy starting radios based on a song I like, however there is no way on either phone or computer to hit "dislike" for generated songs. It's a pity because when there's a song I do not enjoy it can pop up again, which prevents me from fully enjoying listening to Spotify. Additionally, I believe that overall the radio algorithm could satisfy a much larger audience if it took into account preferences directly based on "disliked" and "liked" songs within the generated radio list. That way we could get more accurate recommendations and discover more songs we like.

I also want to mention that I find the "liked" button a bit confusing as it currently stands. It does not make sense to me that I would want to have all my "liked" songs listed separately, as there are songs I enjoy listening to when I work (classical) and others when I party (Heavy Techno). I definitely do not like listening to a mix of both. Hence, I think it would be better to change the current "liked" button for a normal "liked" button that mirrors the functioning of a "disliked" button. That way we as users can ourselves improve our experience and have suggestions that are more accurate to our likes within each different playlist/radio/other.

I hope you consider these points.

binhidin

Please for the love of God and all that is good in this world add the ability to dislike songs back to Spotify ffs.

The amount of music i listen to on Spotify in playlists, Made for You playlists and just bands that are suggested to be like ones i listen too and not have the ability to mark them as 'don't like' 'hide' 'never darken my ear drums with this again' drives me absolutely mental. Please sort this out guys 🙂

drimaxus

That is why YouTube music is still better than Spotify until you give us the dislike song and dislike artist completely! I want to be able to hear playlists from the 80s without having to skip every Guns N Roses song please

sprindale

Yes, there is currently a song in my Release Radar that is explicit  but is not marked as such. I understand that there are a lot of songs and Spotify can’t catch everything. However, I could easily take care of this problem myself with a block/ban/hide/dislike button. You know, like we used to have. Spotify is not great at catching explicit content and now you don’t offer a block button. I should not have to physically skip a song every time it plays. I’m paying premium but not getting a premium experience. I should be able to block anything I want for any reason I want. I don’t want to leave Spotify, but will have to try and find something that works better for me and my family.  

bananaslug

How long does it take for the status of a post to change? This post has been above the minimum like criteria for a few days now, yet no one has even mentioned anything about it.

tautologist

This isn't a new idea. This is an old idea that was bizarrely removed. How could this possibly have been removed. Ridiculous.

Mquartz

I have seen lots of responses and I conclude that this whole process is of no consequence to Spotify.

They don't seem to care what we say as there has been no reply.

LaurenMason

Yes please implement this. There have been MANY times where I block a song and Spotify doesn't recognise I don't like that particular band. This happens when my playlist ends and suggest/related music comes on. I listen to music a lot in my car and I can't do anything when I'm on the highway and Sufjan Stevens comes on -____- 

Spotify, here's an idea: block Sufjan Stevens for me.

bananaslug

Yeah looks like Spotify isn't even doing anything about this even though its been posted for a couple months AND is long past the required amount of upvotes.

Mquartz
Spotify just keeps instructing to go thru my profile which doesn't work and
does not address the issue.
Time to switch to another music platform I guess.
#- Please type your reply above this line -##

ML