Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
StopBeingDumb

This is braindead simple stuff, Spotify.  There are songs I simply don't want to hear.  If you EVER play them, you are doing the opposite of good.  That makes your product the opposite of good.

The only reason I even use Spotify right now is because I have a 6-month free trial from Xbox.  I'm gone after that if you don't fix this.  I won't pay for a broken product, especially one that the devs broke on purpose.

TinaRechele

WISH I COULD GIVE 100 UPVOTES!!

Donovancyn

Please - please - please - add a dislike button for podcasts.  The Daily Drive feature has been ruined for me because it now insists on playing 20+ minute long sports podcasts. 

Steelfish14

I have a 87 mile commute from home to work, then a 87 mile commute home. I’m would strongly advise putting the dislike button back on. I like some of the podcasts that are on my “Daily Drive” and I LOVED the way it was before the most recent update. Here’s my thing... I’m not a huge sports fan, as a matter of fact I barely watch my home team sport. Please, please, please, please, please bring back the dislike button. Every time I hear a sports podcast I want to bash my head through the F*<|{¡ng window. Yes I despise sports that much, don’t care about it at all. Please do something that makes sense or I will discontinue my premium account and find someone who values their PAYING customers better!!!

suzyrabbit

Please also give us a way to dislike/block an artist from appearing anywhere in our mixes and album and artist radios. The mix genie very incorrectly thinks that fans of some jam bands are fans of all of them and no matter how many times I have disliked (when that option was still available) a particular artist (WSP), they are continually put into album radio after listening to unrelated jam bands. I have tried countless times to even manually remove their songs from the queue but the "hide this song' button NEVER works, not ever. So my only option is to stop the music and find another artist or playlist. I have basically stopped listening to daily mixes because the algorithm is so poor at choosing appropriate combinations and I cannot block the artists I absolutely do not want to hear.

TinaRechele

YES the Daily Mix SUCKS NOW

toxels87

It is truly mind-boggling that a platform like spotify does not implement a simple feature like blocking an artist or a specific song. It's really not that hard or complex.

As a paying user I expect to be able to decide what artists I never want to hear!

tsaff88

Please add this feature.  Autoplay keeps trying to make me listen to Led Zeppelin, CSN(&Y),  Jackson Browne, etc. Autoplay off The Dead, Van Morrison, and others offers up those artists all the time.  I consistently skip every song from these artists within 10 seconds yet autoplay does not learn. This detracts from my enjoyment.  HELP!

hadzwec2qgv477p

It is really annoying not having a dislike button. Last week all my daily mixes showed artists and song that I simply hate.

There are artists that I have marked as disliked on the weekly discovery, and yet there are some of their songs on my daily mix lists...
So I have to check the execution list and remove it EVERY TIME

zenDroid

I've been monitoring this post for quite some time and find it interesting how some likes seem to be removed. Also I've noticed this (non original) idea reached the front page for Top Ideas and was since removed.

If the ideas section was integrated right into Spotify and all users got to see them, guaranteed all 100 million subscribers would vote for this feature. No one should be forced to listen to music they do not enjoy, especially when they are a paying customer. 

If we wanted to be told what to listen to, we'd all go back to listening to the radio and not subscribe to Spotify.