Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Tarek_TAD

Actually I started to dislike Spotify more and more with every change you make as you keep trying to limit our experience on it by removing like/dislike buttons and keep forcing us to depend on your very inaccurate algorithm which keep suggesting songs not related at all to songs I liked and added to my Spotify library and frankly I am considering leaving Spotify 😤😤

bananaslug

This has been past the minimum number of votes for a few months now. Is Spotify ignoring this? 

tsaff88
Hi bananaslug, I've found one such option recently. Go to the home page
and search for your hated artist or group. The three dots in the upper
right contain a "don't play this artist" option. So far, for me it's
worked in all situations. Yesterday I received an email from Spotify
stating that they would pass the request for a similar option for
individual songs and albums onto the development team. There was nothing
about a time frame though.
seankmoran

"don't play this artist" doesn't exist on my Mac. Running latest 1.1.27.472.gf6574b97

It does show up on iOS, but not sure that it is always translating to when I am listening on the desktops.Metsux2.pngmetsux1.png

bananaslug

@tsaff88 I just wish they would actually comment on this idea or at least put it in an idea review even though it has been at the minimum upvote requirement for over a month or two now. Seems very snakey.

EthanLeduc

Please implement this very important feature. How on earth is the algorithm supposed to measure what a user likes without accepting negative feedback?

Sedostor

the dislike button is needed asap!!!! I hate those f*cking racist music in my playlists!!!! i mean, if you would do some research about some bands you would seen, that those hate people from other countries if those aren't racist's too.🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

tsaff88
Excellent point!! We should be able to ban any offensive song or artist
from playing 👍👍
GuyMontag53

Yes, we should be able to ban bands and songs from our PERSONAL listening experience. But please, for the love of God, don't go down the road of banning bands from Spotify itself willy-nilly because of 2 people complaining. Every band is offensive to at least one person. Art does that.

binhidin

Spotify you really need to pull your Head out of your Proverbial on this like MONTHS AGO.

I find the need to comment on this again as it is becoming apparent this appears to be one of THE most requested BUGS that need sorting out.

I call it a bug because you could not surely have made this a FEATURE of purposefully NOT including this???

You are a Global Music Industry Heavyweight with Billions of users and Billions of Dollars and i would imagine many Thousands of Employees and consultants on the payroll yet collectivity you still have this glaring Bug in you application??

Maybe you need to hire some of the Community to help you fix your product?