Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
rightsideout

Spotify, GET ON THIS! Even your help text is wrong - telling me that I'm able to click the dislike button (when none exists anymore).

I don't want to block an entire artist - because I do like and listen to some artists - but when the songs of totally different genres/tempos show up in my daily mix, it's VERY frustrating!

doctorbobster

1] Fire the person(s) responsible for eliminating the "Dislike" button;

2] Please bring it back

thanks

JLan

I vote for this..

JohnPC1

Well, your suggestion is great but unfortunately the whole of Spotify has become pretty useless of late.

You would think that when Spotify makes "tailor made" playlists then it would take into account the songs/artists you mark as dislike and not add them. But, they may not appear in the list you marked but you can be sure they will show up constantly in all your other lists! This is only temporary, the next time you open any list suggested by Spotify it is full of disliked tracks!

I am so p!ssed off with Spotify I am seriously contemplating cancelling the whole thing.

LIKE = I LIKE THE TRACK, YOU CAN ADD IT LATER

DISLIKE = I DON'T EVER IN MY LIFE WANT TO HEAR THIS TRACK AGAIN.

SIMPLE!

doctorbobster
Agree on all points!
tsaff88
Absolutely
madmodgirl

As someone who has been using Spotify since 2013, I'm constantly shocked at them getting rid of some of the features which give them an advantage over other streaming services. Most of Spotify's past success is due to the customizability of Spotify and how well it responds to what users like. If Spotify wants to continue competing with services like Pandora and Apple music they need to go back to what made them relevant. The dislike button is something they had in the past so I don't see why it is so difficult to reimplement especially as it would seriously improve the user experience. This idea has way more than 500 votes so someone @spotify should address it.

tsaff88
All I can figure is that they have some sort of financial advantage from
not having the dislike button
binhidin
The financial advantage thing was my conclusion also, some behind the
scenes seems to have been struck to force songs upon you.
They obviously don't listen to what their users want thats for sure.
If enough folks start cancelling their subscriptions and move to other
platforms that offer these most basic functions then it will outweigh the
income they generate by not allowing music to be 'Disliked' and users being
able to properly curate there listening experience.

tsaff88
Yeah, the thing is that the other services have their own drawbacks. So
far for me Spotify still is has the fewest problems. I’ll just keep
agitating for now.