Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Fishstick1

So they **bleep** over the entire Desktop UX so they only have to maintain one codebase and web/desktop/mobile is supposed to be the same

But then basic stuff that a player should have, like "DO NOT PLAY THIS SONG / ARTIST", is platform-specific, and it takes over 1.5 years to add to desktop?

Get**bleep** together spotify.

Furford

A dislike button seems like a such a simple, intuitive and IMPORTANT feature for a music streaming app, how could you not have this?  I'm currently looking for a replacement for the even more horrible Youtube music app, Spotify would be the easy winner if it had the dislike button but as it is it's second from last beating only youtube, all because of the lack of that one simple feature. It's costing you customers and money. Not worth it!!!!

Jordan_ol

Any updates on this? A song I hate that keeps coming up first on Spotify radio made it to my second most played for 2021, regardless of how much I disliked it on desktop, that’s how bad this is **bleep**

I’ve muted the artist in question, but that just disables auto play on radio, as you insist on continuing to advertise the song to me first despite paying for premium, and NO ADS.

Jordan_ol

Just got an update from “Spotify Cares” on Twitter (spoiler alert, they don’t):

“We don't have any info on this right now, but we'll let the right team know it's something you'd like to see. If we can help you with anything else, just let us know.“

3 years and no action. Nice.

Vitezslavfiala

Am I not even allowed to write to the moderator? What kind of approach is this? Hello, are we paying you or writing to you? massege.jpg

Shorusai

@Vitezslavfiala 

Oh.. Interesting. That's exactly what I was planning to do. Not as message though but as a new question in the community to why they are constantly ignoring this issue.

It's honestly just a shame.

Update on my current situation: I quit the spotify subscription and switched to tidal and also to deezer for a few months. Both working very pleasingly well with the algorithm and being able to block songs you hate. They however do lack a few features and some things that are solved more elegantly in Spotify. I went back to it for this month. But already fed up again**bleep** music from suggestions. Atm I avoid radio playlists and just listen to own playlists. If Tidal or Deezer improve in a few points like seamless listening/control across devices and some issues with offline availability I'm definitely going back there. (which will be sooner than spotify adding this dislike button function lol)

MaxAlleye

That's the perfect decision to force people to download unlicensed software, which would have core features available.

Good job Spotify team, see you when you get well!

gurigurico

NECESSARILY😠

exyfeplin

Today I cancelled my Spotify Premium account, on account of this issue, and I don't intend to return. 

Their lack of action and lack of interest is just unacceptable.  Maybe losing customers will force a change, but I'm also not interested in supporting a company that you have to deal with like this - it's a sign to me of fundamentally broken priorities, and ethics.

Shorusai

Heyah, me again. Just openend a new Idea out of despair, referring to this post here. No clue if this helps in some way - most likely not - but maybe check it out. It's mainly just rant and well.. asking the Spotify Team to start getting stuff done that's actually wanted and needed, like this dislike function.

--> [All Platforms] Implement good ideas - stop ignoring them (dislike button function)