Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
musziQluvher

In addition to that, the "hide song" feature seems to work on my mobile device but the change doesn't apply to the desktop version.

DavidGP

Always amazed how a world-leading platform can continue to release such laughably miserable software. 

After all those years, i'm only reading and replying to this for pasttime and out of curiosity.

Have long stopped using Spotify. 

kulakovfoto

Absolutely agree!

Please add dislike button to any songs, albums and artists. There are some songs and artists that i don't want to hear. Even if they are in playlists, recommendations etc. 

It's BASIC functionality! For example Yandex.Music for example has this feature. And this is very convenient.

Please don't me consider if i need Spotify Premium .

SpookyBerlin

I have the same problem. Just today the button was also removed on the Windows app.  Here then at Daily Drive also no longer a way to control the song that you do NOT want to hear. Now I have to listen to the **bleep** always, although the algorithm should no longer show me such tracks! 

What is this ?

Akkou

2022 update? Why is this still not a thing after all these years? I keep hearing a song I don't like over and over again in my daily playlists.

VicVinegar686

Can you all please add this feature back to Daily Mixes, or just across the board? I really don't want to hear "The Noose" by Six Feet Under just cause I played it a few times to laugh at how miserably bad it is. EEEeeeeeeee.

Seriously though I have been paying for Spotify Premium Family Plan since 2020 as a Christmas present for my whole family, raving about how great it was, and all you've done since is remove features and clutter the interface. Most of my family has stopped using it. Disliking and catering songs to specific tastes is a crucial part of the listening experience. It was light years better than Pandora, and now you're ruining yourselves. Stop it.

BearOutThere

Spotify has been a boon during the Work From Home era.   But there's one issue that kept arising almost daily.  No way to Dislike a song.   Finally i had enough and did some searching around.  What i found was bewildering.

Dislike feature used to exist on mobile players but never on the desktop apps.  But when i checked on my Android phone it has been replaced with the "Hide from playlist" function, which is patently not the same thing.  And it's still missing from the desktop.

Many requests / ideas for this feature are marked as closed or "not meeting requirements"  (whatever that means),  without any visible improvements.  So let me summarize several requests into a single idea that, hopefully,  attract more consideration from the Spotify team.

1.  Allow to Dislike a Song.  This should prevent this song from being played independent of a playlist.  This should be the default option on the dislike UI control.
2.  Allow to Dislike an Artist.  This should prevent songs by this artist from being played independent of a playlist.  This option should be progressively disclosed on the dislike UI control.
3.  Of course there will needed to be additional UI context that allows user to review all of their Disliked songs and artists similar to the liked songs/artist.
4.  Dislike UI should look and function the same across all players (Android, iOS, Desktop)

The requests around Dislike feature go back several years and have been made by many.  Disliking songs is as important as liking them, which seems to not be recognized.    

Mr_Rhee

Come on!

Pinz24

So it looks like nothing will be done as this thread goes back to 2019????

binhidin
They have said if we can keep it as the most active thread until 2029 they
will add the "don't infect me with this noise again" button back 🙂