Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
wailau
They will never put it back, as this is affecting their source of income.
Pinz24
#PANDORA LOOKS BETTER N BETTER!
S1lverstein

It's been 3 years now. Give us a way to ban ANY song and artist from playing and suggesting.
As a Premium i think i need it to be consistent on PC MAC and in the Apps.

• Daily Mixes
  • Release Radar
  • Discover Weekly
  • On Repeat
  • Repeat Rewind
  • Some Radio stations
  • Search
  • Editorial playlists
  • Branded playlists
  • State of the Music Today playlists
  • Liked Songs (remove it and dislike)
  • Wrapped
  • Summer Rewind
  • Popular playlists
  • Genre playlists
  • Mood playlists
  • For Today's Drive playlists
  • Featured Artists
  • Fresh New Music
  • User-Created playlists
  • Personal playlists
  • Most Radio stations
  • Everywhere else
shaddaran

Over a year since Spotify has "taken in account" our wishes... how long does it take to put back an already developed feature ? (answer from an IT guy : a few days at best)

Why in the world remove it in the first place anyway ? As I see it, its a crucial function for a service as yours ; for - I believe - you want to make money out of us, so providing the most fitting music to retain us on here... It's not like you were the only streaming service... though you probably HAVE BEEN the best at some point won't eternally save your ass of massive disband... if the price of having the music I like is to waste an hour to try the competition... well so be it...

In the meantime, just listening less and less to my daily mixes and other similar functions for it is always filled with c**p that has NOTHING to do in the least with my musical taste... having to tab back every 2min to skip 1, 2, 3 or 10 songs before getting back something good is really production- (and zen-) disruptive ! (plus they end up coming back in the next daily mix since you just skip them not ban them)

The idea of it as I see it is for us to enjoy a themed mix of artists/songs we like with some new to discover... when I get some mishaps such as similar artists that we can end up not liking... why do I get rap in my jazzy mix ? (oh and if you wonder, I NEVER listen rap music, so there is no way this can be based on my previous listening).

So, yeah I can listen an artist alone (whish is what I do most of the time given the crappy mixes) but shouldn't we get adequate service and features from a product we monthly pay rather than having to limit our use to avoid annoyance ?

lincolnthree

Good god, it's 2022 can we please have this feature ? I just bought a subscription but I don't know if I can deal with these songs I can't stand continuing to show up in my mixes and daily feeds. Seriously this is maddening! It's barely been a month and I'm already canceling my membership because of this ONE issue.

Note: I'm on Desktop/Mac/Web

Alex_Clare

Can we have this like, right now? 😒

superofficial

It's astonishing that this is not available. There are a million reasons someone might want to block a song from playing. In my most pressing case right now, there is an artist I enjoy immensely, who made a rather bigoted track that I don't want to hear. I don't want to block the whole artist—just the hateful song.

The only reason that this fairly simple, straight forward, and intuitive feature isn't implemented must be some obscure internal perceived threat to revenue—or obscure contract details?

Please, Spotify, allow us to block/remove individual songs from playing. It's so obvious.

6gchaos

I rely on my daily's to keep me going but I keep getting songs in playlists that I'm not sure how they even made it past the recording booth, making me stop what I am doing to go play DJ for the sake of my brain cells.  Sometimes it knocks me out of workflow so often I ended up shutting the app down.  Seeing how this wont come back (which it seems it wont given the age of this thread) I'm exploring other options.   I just can't understand how mobile at least has a "hide" feature but not desktop

alekhyadas

It's crazy how Spotify still didn't add this simple feature on the desktop! 

SussyBlu1

youtube music has this but does not auto skip disliked songs/videos