Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
theVodkaCircle

Did they just nerf this even more?
The only place that had this functionality was in the Weekly Discover. You could select that you didn't like this song or didn't like the artist.

Now it seems you click the minus button and that's that - I don't even know what it does anymore.

Qzen

I want to be able to hide songs from the curated playlists on PC. I listen to Top 50 Sweden almost daily because I think its a good and current mix. However, since there is so many moms letting Spotify babysit their children, even nursery rhymes have made it onto the Top 50 Sweden. Its fairly annoying since I also use shuffle while I work and all of a sudden its blasing some song for 3 year old kids.

binhidin
A good workaround for your example is to drag all of this playlist into a
blank playlist of your own and then just remove all the nonsense songs from
it. No more Nursery Rhymes.
We shouldn't have to do all this as we should be allowed to blacklist
Songs/or Artists from appearing/playing altogether though i have given up
hope of Spotify allowing this most basic function because of their market
position and utter greed.
George97

I strongly agree with this idea.  It is frustrating when I hide a song from an album on my cell phone because I dislike it or personally find it inappropriate, and then the song continues to play when I listen to the album from a desktop.

BreadToppings

This idea was posted in 2019... how's it not done yet? I have to imagine it's intentional to get artists more plays at the expense of the subscriber's user experience.

spencer_britton

Two years and we still don't have this? What's the hold-up? If the software engineers are really aware of this community, then why have they ignored this for TWO YEARS?

thrusk

Can any of Spotify product (or other) people comment on the reason the Dislike button was removed. People like or don't like songs regardless of Spotify's commercial interests.

I'd like to see a universal Dislike button for tracks in the same way you can currently "Don't play this" for artists.

Spotify can use this to remember not to recommend the tracks in future (if listening from a recommendations playlist), remove it from all other playlists, and also train its algorithms for better recommendations.

Nessyv

Please add this, I literally cannot stand the amount of rubbish spotify plays anymore. It only plays the same tracks over and over. At my wits end, will be joining a different service after christmas. I just want something new to listen to on my daily playlists. Anything, please. Stop the repeats of stuff I don't like

w2f1a9wvm40hxna4zmg

This idea was submitted on ‎2019-10-30 and has 4,357 upvotes so far.

And still, it's not implemented.

It's clear now internal teams at Spotify don't care about users' wishes and have no intentions of implementing this feature.

musziQluvher

I know we're all annoyed by this, however, a few months ago I came up with a workaround. Clone the playlist you like (select all songs and save as a new playlist with the same name). Remove the songs you don't like, then play "radio" based on this playlist. Then u can like and dislike songs again. You can get new recommendations (I've found a lot of new songs similar to playlists I've created) based on what you keep in the playlist.