Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Kee_Spees

It is 2022 now but the dislike option is only available in the weekly discovery but not in the daily mixes.

When will this option be available?

It is extremely annoying that composers keep being added that I absolutely dislike.

FranTheMan

The very fact this whole 'good idea' exists as something that needs votes to get attention is beyond me - this is a very basic feature request - even YouTubeMusic has long managed to implement this extremely advanced feature. What it should tell the moderators / Spotify is that this whole way of gathering feedback is nonsense - there are several very other 'good ideas' (basic feature requests) out there which are being ignored because they aren't attracting votes - I would like to raise a feature request to change the way features are requested. e.g. here's an idea: have am internal meeting at Spotify, work out what comprises basic functionality, implement that.

AlWintucky

I'm considering canceling my Spotify account because of a missing a dislike button and Spotify's unwillingness to add it as a feature. There are thousands upon thousands of upvotes to add this back! THE SUGGESTIONS ARE YEARS OLD. GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND DO SOMETHING.

Sergois

Hello Spotify  fam, I got a small favor to ask maybe I'm the only on or not the majority.  I miss the unlike Button on the left side on My mix the Week and release  radar . I personally  find it annoying  always to press on the 3 points on a song to "unlike a song "  I want it back . It s only a suggestion  so not that deep . Aight best greetings,

some user . 

wailau
**bleep**. It was a function available BEFORE. They just dont wanna lose income
from pushing the advertised songs to you.
DavidGP

I don't think so. If I dislike a song I will be provided with another one which will create income for them just as well. I strongly believe that they are simply incapable. Simple but utter management failure and general deterioration at Spotify. 

Mokoma

Please put it back, it makes my discovery weekly playlist un-usable. And to be honest, it's really the main thing that keeps on Spotify compare to other Music App (and I don't (and will never) use your app for podcasts).

ohseriously

Two years later and once again the button has been removed from the PC app. Why?? The only logical explanation is that this multimillion dollar company would rather not spend the money maintaining this obviously popular feature. 

Braminam

What a joke. It's been over 2 years and no dislike button. Guess I'm quitting Spotify altogether. I'd rather listen to no music at all than support this incompetent team that can't implement basic features.

iouonegirl

Implement it on all platforms, please.