Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
42media

I come back from time to time to see how Spotify's total lack of concern for their users is progressing. Maybe they are shooting for some kind of world record. Maybe they are all coincidentally thumbless and have plotted to never again allow any thumb-related material...I can just see them furiously pawing at their keyboards. Anyways...I'll be getting back to my YT Music now.

blubehriluv

I feel like the negative weight of a "no" in Spotify's algorithm might do wonky things to how well polished things are.  I would like a "remove this song from playing in rotations" instead of a "no" that might let Spotify think I don't like the song for a multitude of reasons that aren't true (Ex: Song removed had singer with a deep voice != does not equal that I do not like songs with deep voiced singers).  That way we don't have to hear songs we know we hate but we don't have to fully affect our algorithm by their removal.

bomboma

Hi Spotify,

I thought this was fixed, and then it isn't. There's "hide that song" on mobile. 

But somehow I'm still listening to that same awfully annoying song. I love using Spotify, but really dislike not being heard.

If I I don't want to hear a song, and I have let you know that, why am I still listening to it. No means No, lol (but for real).

bobotash

I am forced to unsubscribe after being a user for 8 years due to the lack of this feature. Spotify needs to understand that you can listen to music anywhere, what is important is their algorithm. YT music is way better in regards to its algorithm. although its user interface needs work, I will still be switching to it. 

Gulerin

I used to love the daily mixes, but now the almighty algorithm keeps adding music I really, really hate. And I have no option to stop it from appearing. I actually use Daily mix less now, because I hate that music so much. there used to be a feature to actually block songs, and on mobile there is an "ignore song" and "hide artist" option. Why on earth does this not work on the desktop client? Who thinks its a good idea to have features on one platform completely missing from another platform for the same service?

mulhearn22

Was looking at moving to Spotify, but lack of dislike to tune my preferences may very well kill that move. This "great idea" has been pending for 4 years. Spotify apparently doesn't give a sh*t about its community so not looking to join a community like that.

Paha_Agentti

Most likely the reason why Spotify doesn't want listeners to block songs or artists is the "fake artist" business that is profitable to Spotify. https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/remember-spotify-fake-artist-theyre-still-going-strong-and-st...

Many (small) artist radios for example are full of these short nonsense fake artist songs that everybody would block immediatly if they could. And that would be bad for Spotify's income, if they are involved with those fake artists. On the other hand,  if Spotify doesn't have anything to do with this fake artist thing, blocking  would be good feature for them too. But I guess that's not the case.

So, that function is probably not coming back anytime soon.

tgladwin12

Imagine creating a playlist for someone saying "I won't listen if you want to tell me you hate or dislike a song.  The best I can do is skip the song for now, but I am going to keep the song you hate in the playlist anyway.  So don't bother telling me you dislike it.  I only want to know if you like a song."  That is what you are doing.  It's one of the dumbest things I can think of doing.  And I'd fire someone on the spot if I was paying them.  (hint... hint...) 

It is ruining the platform.  Some songs bring up traumatic memories or very negative thoughts.  Music tends to do that.  I should be able to dislike or remove a song entirely.  And that INPUT should HELP you pick better songs. 

eule_7834

The consistent disregard of Spotify to its users' feedback is just very sad.

I am wasting so much time as a result of songs / artists showing up again and again that I don't want to ever listen to again. At the VERY least, as a compromise, please add the dislike feature to the Daily Mixes. What is the point of a Daily Mix if it forces me to listen to songs that I hate, with no option to remove them?

I am listening on my MacBook 90% of the time, please don't tell me I should only listen from mobile devices henceforth. I have very good reasons why I am using my MacBook for listening, and not my iPhone! Also the "hide" feature works only per device -- I have a total of 4 iDevices, it's absurd having to block a song 4 times, once for each device.

But above all, Spotify's communication is very frustrating. What's the point of telling users that sth. is a good idea, and then not implementing it for 4 years, with NO explanation whatsoever. Spotify, please give us the REASON why you don't implement this.

eule_7834

Everybody could send them a big postcard begging for the feature to grab there attention...

Spotify

Regeringsgatan 19

111 53 Stockholm

Schweden

Perhaps they will take it more seriously when they get a hundred postcards.... ( be friendly )