Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments

We have 4703 votes and many posts - spanning several years - where people are begging for a song-blocking feature. Yet it feels like shouting into a black hole since the developers or product managers never come up with a statement on why they don't want or cannot implement such an obvious feature.

Listening to music should be fun. Being served songs you don't like over and over again ruins that. Having a list of unwanted tracks is one of the easiest features to implement, so why is this treated as if it was an exotic corner case?

DavidGP

Spotify Kundenservice.jpg

Spotify Management be like

Gulerin

Listening to music should be fun. Being served songs you don't like over and over again ruins that. Having a list of unwanted tracks is one of the easiest features to implement, so why is this treated as if it was an exotic corner case?

If I were to hazard a guess, it may be related to the licensing terms for the music. The copyright owners (record labels) probably don't want people blocking songs from their catalogs. But that is just a guess.

If I were to hazard a guess, it may be related to the licensing terms for the music.

Since Deezer and Tidal let you block artists AND tracks easily, they either have difference licenses or Spotify just does not want to implement the blocking of tracks for a different reason. Weirdly, Spotify already allows the blocking of artists, but in the most inconvenient way: As long as an artist is blocked, Spotify will not allow you to play any of the artist's songs - even if you purposely click on a track.

Simianosaurus1

"Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes."

4716 isn't enough votes then?
No wonder Spotify just keeps becoming less and less usable for many of us.
They just don't care what the community thinks.

07LoveLess

I'm listening to music on my PC with the Spotify app yet there are songs that i really don't like so when trying to search how to block songs all i get is silly mobile app results. I feel frustrated that i've been searching for 4 hours like an **bleep** on how to block songs on a popular app. 

Can anyone please help?

I did found some solutions saying go Discovery on the app but it never tells me where here is located google search.

Please dont' reply make your own list. but you probably will anyways.

I am going insane trying to avoid a particular Podcast. I have done every suggestion the chat humans have suggested. I mark "not interested" every chance I can. I have subscribed to every Podcast I listen to and several new ones. Autoplay still goes back to the one I am trying to avoid. Please for the love of whatever you hold to a godly standard, give me a "Dislike" button on podcasts.

Olarlob

The discover weekly and release radar playlists have quite a good mix of songs. Roughly every other week have good songs. Is it an idea to implement a button to give thumbs up/down on the entire playlist/each song? That way it could include good songs each week and sort out the ones that dont match your taste?

jaco948599

2023 and still a "good idea we will consider".

I would really like to know if anyone who actually works at spotify uses their own product, cause i can't undesrtand why there are so many good and neccessary ideas that are being considered since 2019 or before.

Due to Spotify ignoring this idea since 2019, I eventually tested some alternatives throughout the last weeks. Both Deezer and Tidal allow blocking individual tracks and artists. Tidal's got nicer background information, song credits and solid song recommendations, so that's what I'm going to chose. Not the solution I was originally looking for, but way better than waiting for something that may never happen.