Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
imavvitch

Found a mod or other spotify rep linking to this in a thread from Nov 2020.  A year ago.

Logged in to vote only to find that I'd already voted for this however many years ago... What?!

I've been paying for premium for years, and it feels like the poor recommendations are only getting worse? My 'daily mixes' and other recommended playlists keep playing songs that I skip every time. Even 'Discover Weekly' sometimes tries to play me songs I've already skipped dozens of times if not literally hundreds. I've been skipping some of these songs for YEARS, they're not on any of my own playlists and I haven't liked them AND YET, without fail, they continue to plague me on a daily basis.

(Joywave is the worst one - I actually used to like them, years ago, until Spotify decided they must be my favorite band and started oversaturating all of my recommendations with them. Literally unliked everything by Joywave and made sure they weren't in any of my playlists and this has been an issue for TWO YEARS lol! There are other things I'd like to stop hearing but this is driving me mad.)

Please, just let us opt-out of songs, artists and albums we don't want to listen to. Let your customers support the artists they actually *like*!

actsof3000

I think 1. it's asinine that a post like this has a time limit for the amount of votes it needs in order for it to be considered. This is because I've been using spotify regularly for at least 3+years and I've only now discovered this forum. Many other users could be the same and therefore posts like this could have a delayed response by the community.
2. How is there not already a "Don't play this song/artist" an an account based list? This should be a core feature, much like other music streaming platforms. There's lots of songs out there that use discriminatory words that I simply can't skip automatically.

cj441-_ynk79c

Very frustrating.  Two "shows" showing on my homescreen. I have no interest in and it really annoys me, every time I open Spotify.   Happy to suggest stuff to me, however this is getting silly - many months these "suggestions" have been on my homepage, and I have not and will not interacted with - GET RID !

- This should not be the case for a product I am paying for.  Disappointed.

Turnpike72

For weeks and weeks my release radar shows all kinds of versions and re-mixes of My Universe by Coldplay. I've tried to block Coldplay and this specific song in every possible way and it does not work. Please Spotify, start listening to your paying customers, implement this feature and keep it forever!

MrTheiz

I think it's clear that Spotify doesn't want to change this feature. I mean, any basic software engineer should be able to create a dislike button and add this feature to the algorithm, right? I can only suspect it has something to do with the way certain (or every?) contracts are put together, and Spotify loses clientele from artists, although I don't think any artist would want to ignore Spotify since it is one of the biggest music stream applications. I also used Google Music before, and that program worked just fine with the like and dislike function. Now I'm stuck with Davina Michelle and Adèle crammed down my throat, while I really really just want to ignore them al together, waaaa. 

42media

I cancelled my subscription months ago for this reason --  while I am more than satisfied with the music streaming service I currently use, I would come back in a heartbeat if I saw that Spotify actually cared about this issue and did something about it. Coming back to see if anything has changed and seeing nothing has changed is a bit disappointing.

evolart
It is definitely on the weekly generated playlists again luckily.
binhidin
Occasionally someone will pop up in this thread to declare "it is on the
Weekly Playlist"(and one other iirc) like we should be thankful or like its
ok all is saved i don't know what your moaning about.

Not trying to be obnoxious or attack you in any way but because it is
"kinda" on 1, possibly 2 playlists out of the Millions of Playlists
available is certainly not allowing you to stop certain songs or artists
appearing in others or being played if you select an artist as radio ect.

In fact have this option 'kinda' available in 1 playlists just makes things
worse because it is highlighting that they can do it, in fact a while back
when Spotify was its younger self and was trying to grow, attract more
customers it actually had this feature available, across the board in all
Playlists/most iirc and was then removed.

We can debate for what reasons it was removed but its a good assumption
that it was to please the shareholders, certainly not for the user
experience of the actual music enthusiasts who made Spotify the biggest
Music streaming platform.

But when your The Big in the Pond you can kinda do what you like.
Thankfully though there are numerous alternatives today and some do offer
this feature, some do offer Higher Quality steaming also which is why
Spotify are bringing out Higher Bitrate steaming in the very near Future
market pressure.
So hopefully that same Market pressure will force there hand into bringing
back the Dislike/Block feature also in the not too distant future because
they certainly haven't given 2 Fs about there customers who have been
screaming for it to be added back in the past number of Years.
Vitezslavfiala

Good day, I also write after a few years and I can confirm that everything is the same. Dislike button, does not work! I'm still playing the same songs that I marked not playing. If I'm in discovery, the dislike button will show up on me, so I'll click on it and the song will be released at once. So I have to click again again to block it again. But it still has no effect when he plays it to me anyway. Or I played a German song that I never clicked or searched for. But the **bleep**ing "like" button is everywhere. As others write here, Coldplay is the worst group of all time, including Rhiana and Adele, and Spotify is at their fingertips. They've probably gotten enough paying customers in America out of the black population who pay with social benefits, so why listen to some people on some forum that doesn't even work properly and throws errors. Even if we all dissatisfied customers disconnect, they won't feel spotify. They have corporations that pay them billions. The only way we could start complaining to Google to make this app inaccessible from the google app store is the only way to force spotify to get out of your dream. Otherwise, I write it via google translate and actually translated dark-skinned people as "black". So all the Marxist neo-communists to me!

Vitezslavfiala

Please, if you click on home at the top and then put the light bulb idea icon, you will click somewhere in the spotify ideas. Find out that you have six threaded cards on the screen with ideas of what people want. Below them are spikes that you can use to switch to the next set of six ideas that people want. Among them is the thread "Please add and" Not Interested "Button" and has only 1000 likes. Write there in the news that we have a thread, where there are 3822 likes, where we demand that we want the button everywhere and not just in discovery. In my opinion, the moderators deliberately shuffled our thread so that it would not be visible anywhere, so the only way to write to other threads is that this problem exists so that Spotify cannot close its eyes to the problem !!!

The direct link is: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-Please-add-a-quot-Not-Interested-quot-Button/id...