Announcements

[All platforms] Display if songs are instrumental

If you have the lyric option set on for PC/Web Player (possibly also IOS and Android), it will give you, well, lyrics. However, if the lyrics for the song is not transcribed on MXM yet, it will say that the lyrics are unable to be shown in (mostly) comedic ways (https://imgur.com/a/cxkgJsW). Same thing happens with songs that are restricted, however it take a little longer to acknowledge that the lyrics are restricted ('restricted' means that the artist or the artist's publishing company doesn't allow the disclosure of their lyrics on the platforms that MXM supports). And weirdly, it will give you the same message on songs that are instrumental, even if they were marked as instrumental on MXM. (https://imgur.com/a/NFf6viY)

This brings me to where I make my suggestion; display that a song is instrumental if the lyrics menu is still open. It would be as simple as making sure that the lines

"Instrumental

Think is wrong? You can always add the lyrics"

are available on the page on MXM. This way can also be used to display if a song has had its lyrics restricted. Please consider this suggestion and thank you for reading.

Updated on 2022-08-11

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-11

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

AttractiveToad

This would make the interface experience a lot more sleek. 🙂