Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Sub-Met

Any news on this?

Rokkout491

December 2017 and a feature that's extremely basic and extremely important that was first requested in February of 2012 still doesn't exist. I get that you can use a 3rd party freeware to do the job, but why would you use that as an excuse to take over 5 years to implement the feature? 

secutor666

The answer is easy: They simply don't care about this. They would never admit it, but what other reason could there be? Years ago I thought they might have concerns about piracy. I would make it a tiny bit easier to pirate the music. But some of the competitors implemented this feature already, so I guess that concern is not vaild anymore. No one will ever tell us why this isn't a thing yet, but my guess remains: They don't care. 

secutor666

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Can someone delete this? This message board is weird. 

Fudd79

I hope this happens in 2018. I play games and record a lot of it for video making. I'd love to get a way to listen to music while I play, and not have it interfere with my recordings (I record various sound sources like game sound, microphone and VoIP to separate audio-tracks for easier editing). 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2017-12-21

Hey folks, if you're interested in this idea we'd appreciate it if you follow the steps below. Please post in this thread with any feedback you have after giving this a try. Thank you!

Prerequisites:

This feature requires you to run Windows 10
Make sure you have Spotify version 1.0.69.336 or higher installed.
Instructions:
1. Quit Spotify if it is currently running.
2. Create a shortcut to Spotify on your desktop (if it doesn't exist already).
3. Right-click the shortcut and choose "Properties".
4. In the "Target" text field, add a space and then --enable-audio-graph after Spotify.exe.
It should look like this: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --enable-audio-graph(replace <username>with your Windows username)
5. Start Spotify by double-clicking the shortcut.
6. You can now find a setting for "Playback device" in the advances settings in the "Preferences" view (Edit -> Preferences / Ctrl + P).
Known issues:
When running Spotify with --enable-audio-graph the other "Playback" settings don't work. This will be fixed soon.

Well look at that... an early Christmas Present.....   🙂

Confirmed working under latest W10Pro build w/ onboard Realtek audio. The preference setting does not appear to be persistant over a fresh restart (start with windows) but does "stick" when re-opened using the shortcut with the switch applied.

Not sure what the "other playback settings" refers to.... 

Thanks to the dev team and look forward to this being incorporated full time.

gvl

I'm still on W7, does it mean I'm SOL? 

WaterlandRadio
I've already vote/asked for it years ago

secutor666

So I guess enough nagging is actually doing something? Okay, cool, it took us 5 1/2 years, but we were very vocal over the last few month. So i guess...thank you? It works great for me, but I am on Win10 and I rly hope that everyone can enjoy this feature in the feature.