Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
steragni

totally agree! we have a spotify family account,  a household account with Amazon and we use one Echo. I have the primary Spotify account, and when I use spotify outside home, echo will play my spotify even if we switched echo to my girfriend account.

Incredible how Amazon and Spotify promote household and family sharing and then they put ZERO effort if finding solutions to make it work. 

There is only one app that will let you manage properly two accounts.. guess which?? is a name of a fruit and starts with A..! that is a company truly devoted to customer. better switch to them

Frank-N-Stein
I just spent an hour with CS to find out I had to create two Amazon accounts, which turned out to be a nightmare because everything we have is all tied to the same Amazon account. My wife and I use the same Amazon account, we also use the Premium Spotify Account. There are obvious MANY that do the same. In order to use our Spotify accounts on different Echo units, currently, we are supposed to separate them into two Amazon accounts? What BS! Technology should be seamless and easy for the user, not a list of integration processes that then segregate devices, etc. A suggestion would be: Option from Spotify App: We should be able to select which Echo unit from Devices Available option within the Spotify app and see all Echo devices within the home that are registered to ONE Amazon account, regardless of which Premium Spotify Account is used as the Primary. Then chose the Echo unit and play our playlist on that Echo unit. Option from Alexa: User: Alexa, play Spotify Alexa: I find # accounts registered with Spotify, which one shall I access? Sub Option 1: User: Account Name Alexa: Ok, what do you want me to play? User: Playlist or Station Name Sub Option 2 User: Alexa, what accounts are listed? Alexa: I show -name the accounts- Which account do you wish me to access? User: Alexa Access -account name- Alexa: Account name Accessed, what would you like me to play? User: Playlist or Station Name
Lampligter
  1. Why can't the spotify account run like Netflix. 4 simultaneous playback. Anymore and you pay more. I want both my kids to be able to play on their dots, and my wife and I to play on our echos. 
imagio

Just ran into this problem. Why do I pay spotify for a family plan if my wife and I can't both use our accounts on our echos? Echo integration should never have been launched without this feature. Looks like it has been 10 months with no comment from Spotify on this issue so it appears that they do not intend to fix it. I will be investigating other music services, you may lose a customer over this Spotify.

Lampligter

I agree, ill give them until monday and ill cancel. Amazon music works just fine on multiple echos.

Lamp.

jfischl

+1. This is an essential feature spotify. Don't understand why you aren't replying to your community. 

JayArrow

I’m in the exact same boat. Family sharing but no way to simply switch between Spotify accounts on my Echo or two Dots. 

This is a basic function that’s needed. Poor show that it’s not there. 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

stevensonmt

@meahtenoha it doesn't have to involve a third party. Just handle the family accounts like Netflix. 5 streams from any devicefor any sub accounts.

Sonicm

Agreed not sure why this is not included already