Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
TehWardy

Yeh it's clunky as **bleep** and the only reason I can see for it is some sort of DRM / licensing BS from the info I have had from Spotify support myself.

The easiest root I can think of right now is to build out libraries in something like Plex (I already have a Plex server) then use that but the voice commands for Plex can be a bit of a maze too.

Shame really because Spotify definitely has the easiest desktop app experience I've seen.

It's almost like content publishers want you to break their software / rules to have a nice user experience.

pucspifo

@nerdstalker wrote:
Your kids can switch to their own accounts on the echo when using
amazon music? Are they older? Cause Amazon had a rule that kids could not
do this before so i'm wondering how you are doing this.

No, my kids are added as kids to my Amazon account, which comes with all the restrictions you're familiar with.

bady

Having Amazon Eche without this feature family account have no sense. I better pay Amazon for the feature.

x76_bxrz-xnpa

Ridicolous that this does not work. We are a family of 6 with multiple Alexas/Sonos with Alexa. Can’t even use the alarm function in different rooms (they wake up at different times and they certainly do not like the same music). Please sort out the ability to play different family spotify ccounts on Sono One ASAP.

spunbutterfly

We really need this feature as well. If anything, it'd be useful to be able to connect different Spotify accounts to different Echos that are all on the same Amazon account so features like drop in still work. Please consider increasing the priority on this. Thanks.

krmbrst

This issue bothers me every single day. I'm paying for a family subscription for me, my wife and three kids. I've thought more than once about switching to Amazon Music because of this.

BPAlex89

Fix this! It goes against all logic, that we´re not able to do it.

Djmreon1

Considering this issue has been ongoing for years now you would think something would have been addressed. I have 5 Echos, one off site at a business that are all controlled through my own Amazon account. I cannot play from more than one single device at a time. Paying for family plan and all. My kids which are both under 10 are on my family plan, they only listen to music  through my Echos. The fact that the only option for us to even use them at the same time is for each of us to all have separate Amazon accounts all linked to a separate Echo is not only unrealistic, it’s preposterous. It’s completely contradictory to the idea of a smart home. Why would Spotify offer Alexa intergration at all if you can’t even use it in a common scenario for a smart home? Every single family I know who owns an Echo has at least a few of them in their home. It simply makes NO sense. If my family is listening to music at home and I leave and fire up Spotify on my phone it kills the music at home. Thinking something is wrong they re-start their music and it kills my phone stream. I’m paying to 5 people to use the service and only one person in my household can use my smart devices at once. Apple Music and Amazon Music BOTH allow 6, that’s 6 concurrent streams at once from six devices under their family plans. Spotify has had years to figure this out. They have the absolute best music algorithms out of the big 5 but offer the worst integration of all of them.  

Lampligter

I agree it is absolutely stupid I can't do this.   now that I have Amazon music, there is no reason to keep Spotify.

Queball

How has this not been addressed yet? The original suggestion is from 2016! I have an echo in every room and four people in my household. My kids are constantly hijacking my Spotify because they can't stream music in the basement or their bedroom while I'm listening in my office. I pay for a family plan, just let me have 5 max streams between all the members regardless of who's actually using them. This is my biggest frustration with Spotify.