Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-10-20

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Plainsong11

Ditto

WPR21

This is possible.  Each family member loads the Alexa app and logs on.  When they wish to play music they can have their account play through any Alex hardware, it is displayed on the Spotify app.

pucspifo

Similarly, we have a family share set up and it would be great if people could switch to their Alexa account and have their own Spotify stream going so that it wouldn't interrupt my music while I'm at work and they're at home. As a Spotify and Alexa Household user I want to be able to switch my Alexa account to a different user and have their Spotify credntials be used for streaming music so that the primary account owner will not have their listening experience interrupted. 

pucspifo

Yes, this! A million times this!

garyrwills

I certainly agree!!  Don't get me wrong ... I'm a fan of Spotify  but with multiple Echos it's ridiculous that we're limited to just one at a time on Spotify.   I've seriously thought of switching to Amazon Music Unlimited for the multi use function.  I guess my first step is a free trial........

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-11-08

Marked as new idea.

van_r

Exact problem we are having + we would like to be able to group an alexa with our sonos players. so insted of chossing if I am going to send my music to the family room sonos or the kitchen alexa I want the same sound coming out of all three & my daugher can stream her spotify account on her bedroom alexa.

kimidoug

Ditto that. It is ridiculous that the only entry to Spotify Family is via email accounts. My children have Echo Dots and no email accounts. I have to set up a fake email account for each of them--actually for each DEVICE? Come on, Spotify!

elliott-20

How can this be only marked as a 'new idea'. This is a fundimental oversight of user experience IMO. I pay for Familly Subscription, my wife and I are shared in Amazon houshold, yet we can listen to the primary users spotify in Echo?

Mac to iPhone to iPad (to any other device) all works exactly the way it should but Echo is neglected.  

Spotify, sort this out please.