Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
markfewick

Perhaps Spotify's Amazon Skill can be extened to allow mapping / connecting to multiple accounts within a spotify family plan, thus allowing family members within the same household with multiple echo devices to stream their own music simultaniously. 

kaystrobach
As already said:

1. Have an amazon account per spotify account
2. Switch amazon account and tell alexa to start playing with changed account, works excellent here
Sinan_o2o

@kaystrobach 

Thanks for your comment. Can you please elaborate? Cause I believe I have done what you suggest individual spotify and amazon accounts for wife and me. Even with voice identificaiton enabled on Alexa, switching to my profile, asking to play "my songs"... Alexa would comfirm "playing Sinan's (me) music on spotify" but it certainly does not play on my spotify account as my shortly after that my wife complains that her spotify on phone stopped as "it is used on another device".

So I don't seem to manage to fix it...

Further, my kids would also like to play their music from their spotify accounts but this is impossible I guess since they cannot have an amazon account!?

Cheers

Sinan

krmbrst

This is really really frustrating. There are some things I will really miss when leaving, but you guys leave me no choice. Good bye Spotify, hello Amazon Music.

tompayne
It appears Amazon has introduced "teen" accounts that can be associated
with your Prime account. I am going to look into using this to set up
Spotify...as well as leverage the "announce" feature on their Echo Dots.
Vinnyb37

Seems like this is never going to happen. Been on going for nearly 3 years and still cannot have Spotify Family working over multiple Alexa devices. I want to be able to listen to my music on downstairs Echo whilst my 2 boys listen to their music on their Echo's. Only allows 1 stream at a time.

I have read that Amazon Music Premium allows this. Although I prefer Spotify service and GUI I think I will have to switch back to Amazon Music as this is really important for me.

Spotify Techies/Admins...... any idea when this is likely to work with Spotify.?

danweb

I have moved to Amazon music for this very reason. Which is really annoying as Spotify would be better for me across other devices.

This feature would bring me back to Spotify.

Sinan_o2o

Well, I had some small progress here!

Remember we are 2 adults +  3 kids. At least I have now managed to get Alexa to play music on correct spotify account (works only for adults).

Before you start: Make sure the adults are in the same "household" (check Amazon on web on how to do this)

1. I made sure that that my wife logs in to the Alexa App on her phone with her own amazon account

2. then within Alexa app: unlink any existing Spotify account from her Amazon account

3. then link back her Spotify account with her amazon account within the Alexa app on her phone

4. then I did the same on my Alexa App on my phone: logged in with my amazon account, linked my spotify account

Now what works is, when I want to play a playlist ("discover weekly") on any Alexa enabled device (echo, sonos etc.) I tell Alexa to switch to my "profile", then when I say "play discover weekly on spotify" she will play MY playlist. Hooray! This is already a big step forward to me.

Now, without changing the profile on echo/sonos, if my wifes says "play discover weekly", she will play again from my spotify account: not correct. But if she makes sure to switch the profile on echo/sonos to hers, then all is good again.

Even though we have voice recognition enables, Ales does not manage to switch the profiles to the relevant voice match.

Now I am looking for ways how to get the kids spotify accounts to work with Alexa too!

Cheers

Sinan 

DanielH

I couldn't believe it when I signed up for a family account and found out that in a smart home with multiple Amazon echos and sonos you can't play different streams on spotify simultaneously.
Does spotify want all users of a multiroom speaker configuration to switch to Amazon?
Why has spotify ignored such requests from customers for years ?
I had to switch back to Amazon music so that everyone in our family can listen to the music they want at the same time.
Spotify please wake up!😴

conivek

I have this working with my premium account and my wife's free Spotify account. We can now play from our own accounts at the same time on different Echoes by first switching profiles. The trick was to use alexa.amazon.com on the BROWSER instead of the Alexa phone app to set up the Spotify skill for the second account. I suspect there's a bug in the Alexa Android app, because disabling and relinking the Spotify skill from my wife's account in her phone app wipes out MY Spotify Connect, but the Alexa web page actually links her account without messing with mine.

So link one Spotify account while logged into Amazon with one account on either the phone app or the web page. Then on the alexa.Amazon.com web page log in as the second user in your Amazon Household. Disable the Spotify skill, then enable it again, the link it to the second Spotify account. Ask Alexa to switch profiles. She will play from the Spotify account linked to the active profile.